• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Notorious Counterfeit Cerebus 1
1 1

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, boomtown said:
On 6/16/2019 at 11:03 PM, Stingrayiii said:

I think I might like the 8.0 better than the 8.5

+1

Now, that is definitely a pretty sharp looking copy for only being graded as CGC 8.0 copy.  hm

Especially since it also has far fewer spine ticks than you tend to see on most other HG copies, which is just so prevalent on this book due to the absolutely poor production.  :luhv:

On 5/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, FattyDaddyComics said:

Unfortunately, the book was slightly restored (color-touched on the spine), so I returned it.  Truly disappointing - but I did confirm that it was a genuine copy!

That book is back!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cerebus-the-Aardvark-1-NM-9-0-original-print-Dave-Sim-signature/392346083588?hash=item5b59a62104:g:~4kAAOSwamddMQht

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

How do you know there's Restoration? 

FattyDaddyComics bought the book before and found restoration, and returned it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 4/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, Stingrayiii said:

Did the grade come back?

Unfortunately, the book was slightly restored (color-touched on the spine), so I returned it.  Truly disappointing - but I did confirm that it was a genuine copy!

Edited by Stingrayiii

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, newshane said:

Sorry...this picture is :censored:ing painful to look at. :whatthe:

If you think that's painful, wait 20 years when I start my "I Cannot Take Them With Me When I Die - So Let's Shred Them" thread.

25 minutes ago, CDNComix said:

If you think that's painful, wait 20 years when I start my "I Cannot Take Them With Me When I Die - So Let's Shred Them" thread.

lol

I would cry if I saw someone fold a Cerebus 1 like that in person. Seriously. 

20 hours ago, newshane said:

lol

I would cry if I saw someone fold a Cerebus 1 like that in person. Seriously. 

But it was not not folded. The image is a top view and not a side one, so it looks harsh. Please refer to the image and look at the 4 inch gap between my thumb and index finger. I very gently curled back the front cover - there was a gap of 4 inches between the 2 sides of cover. Rest assured that absolutely no folding had occurred.

I actually have an image of the same book that was taken "post-fold". Judge for yourself the book was not affected in the slightest. Sorry for making you cry and thank you for your concern.

Cerebus.jpg

Edited by CDNComix

3 hours ago, CDNComix said:

But it was not not folded. The image is a top view and not a side one, so it looks harsh. Please refer to the image and look at the 4 inch gap between my thumb and index finger. I very gently curled back the front cover - there was a gap of 4 inches between the 2 sides of cover. Rest assured that absolutely no folding had occurred.

I actually have an image of the same book that was taken "post-fold". Judge for yourself the book was not affected in the slightest. Sorry for making you cry and thank you for your concern.

This isn't folded?

On 3/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, CDNComix said:

Its not, it's real. The scan is probably throwing you off.

It has non-glossy IFC. Cerebus is gray screen through out, not black. Any page and/or close-up, you want to see? The only non-match with your comparison is my "$1" and front soldier are pretty clean.

I posted an image of gray-screened, non-blackish Cerebus; a close-up of a soldier without any trapping of red ink (an older wider known tell); and a comparison of the gloss of the front cover to the non-glossy IFC.

Cover.jpg

22 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This isn't folded?

Nope. To fold a sheet means that 2 surfaces have contact. As I explained, I "curled" back the front cover on top of the inner cover. The red front cover (where my thumb is) is 4 inches above the black inner cover and my index finger. Then I took an image from directly above.

Curl.PNG

Edited by CDNComix

32 minutes ago, CDNComix said:

Nope. To fold a sheet means that 2 surfaces have contact. As I explained, I "curled" back the front cover on top of the inner cover. The red front cover (where my thumb is) is 4 inches above the black inner cover and my index finger. Then I took an image from directly above.

Ah, so you folded it. Thanks.