• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wheels Are In Motion
10 10

310 posts in this topic

Wow - 14 years in the past.  Good to see so many people still on the boards but its sad to see the names of people from my early days on the boards (I remember Red Hook's green sticker standing out).

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2010 at 9:32 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Where's the "Wheels are in Motion" picture that was made into a t-shirt? I wish I had gotten one of those now. :frustrated:

image_skreened-t-shirt_heathered-charcoal_w460h520b3z1.jpg.82cdfae7bb43d9544d96892eedd2203f.jpg

7 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Good old Ian.  

Once he finally got that Double Action, he whined about how overgraded it was.  

World class d-bag.

Whatever happened to him? 

22 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Recovering from a fairly debilitating stroke last I heard.

Wow.  I had no idea.  I was absent for a couple of years recovering from my own health issues and just recently begun to resume some level of normalcy.  Getting old is punishment is enough and add severe health woes on top of that and it really sucks.

9 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Recovering from a fairly debilitating stroke last I heard.

Oye.  Obviously, Ian was never a “favorite” of mine, but I wouldn’t wish something like that on him.  Terrible to hear that.  

1 hour ago, quicksilver said:

I used to buy a lot for Ian. Shame to hear what's happened, and that he got out of comics.

Did he get out, or just stop buying?

Sorry to hear about the stroke.  :sorry:

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:
2 hours ago, Yorick said:

I want a Double Action 2.

Me too, but I'd be willing to settle for the single Action 2. Less is more.

You guys are all so greedy to go for doubles and such high issue numbers.  (tsk)

I'll be more than happy and satisfied to settle for just an ordinary copy of Action 1 from 1938 in any kind of condition.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine