• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction Sales and Relistings. Legit?

901 posts in this topic

What does Sale pending actually mean? That someone sent the money for the book and the site is waiting for it so they can ship it to the buyer?

I personally wouldn't know, since Capt. Tripps doesn't respond to my emails. Nor was I ever informed about having to sign up on his website to personally remove my consignments. What makes it so friggin' hard for him to remove them, especially after so many emails from me for him to do so???

Bottom Line: I was/am very disappointed with my business dealings with Pedigree. Maybe if they had been all High Grade Marvels, Doug would have taken a better interest. Once he's out of his superhero 'comfort zone', I believe he is nearly clueless as to what he's selling, or who he's supposed to be marketing the books to.

You know my experinece over the years has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should pick up the phone or take the time to sign up to his site first before complaining?

There's probably some good that could come out of that. However, it's Doug's business. Shouldn't he be the one going the extra mile, yard, foot or what have you to make customers and consignors happy?

A lot of the complaints I see here are customer service related. Sorry, as a customer, I shouldn't have to get on my knees and suck :censored: to get what I want. Especially something as easy as removing consignments when i've asked multiple times. I'm giving you business, not the other way around.

If you find wasting a ton of time and $2,000 'no big deal', then lend me $2,000....I'm sure it will be 'no big deal' to you, if I don't repay it any time soon.

Sheesh! Some people....."I'm impartial....it's no big deal..."

THEN WHY POST ANYTHING AT ALL?

Just shrug and move on...(some people can't see the forest for the trees)

Its called the power of internet posting. People's opinions are always important and the longer the post the more respect you get.

You know my experinece over the years has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should pick up the phone or take the time to sign up to his site first before complaining?

Well, Surfer, if you're on such good terms with Dougy, why don't you call him for me? As of this post, I think I've wasted just about enough of my time and efforts on his dumb already.

You know my experience over the years has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should pick up the phone or take the time to sign up to his site first before complaining?

Well, Surfer, if you're on such good terms with Dougy, why don't you call him for me? As of this post, I think I've wasted just about enough of my time and efforts on his dumb already.

Well your attitude kind of speaks volumes. Maybe calm down and pick up the phone as you never know your emails could have been spammed and he never saw them, ever think of that? :makepoint: Gee wouldn't you feel kind stupid if that was the case and you went off the deep end slagging him publicly?

I get your frustration. According to you the guy has repeatedly ignored your email requests. Therefore, why on earth would you bother calling him? Up to this point he's not given any indication he's going to give you 2 seconds of his time.

You know my experience over the years has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should pick up the phone or take the time to sign up to his site first before complaining?

Well your attitude kind of speaks volumes. Maybe calm down and pick up the phone as you never know your emails could have been spammed and he never saw them, ever think of that? :makepoint: Gee wouldn't you feel kind stupid if that was the case and you went off the deep end slagging him publicly?

At last count there's been at least 2 individuals in this thread who have had email requests not only not get taken care of but also not even gotten a response to.

Perhaps his email filter needs to take a chill pill. :grin:

At last count there's been at least 2 individuals in this thread who have had email requests not only not get taken care of but also not even gotten a response to.

I can't tell you how many emails Comiclink/Metro, etc have not responded too over the years, it happens, but when it does I just pick the phone up and things seem to get resolved. Assumption is the mother of all ups so if he can't be bothered to call Doug and sort this out before he gets upset then oh well.

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

How am I making money off of him or his site? Please elaborate this generalized sweeping statement.

So, you ARE defending him? lol

I don't actually think chromium was referring to you, although he replied to you, but you are quick to the defense . . . :)

You are quite an interesting guy. I like how suddenly I become the bad guy here and you are trying to portray me as a defender of Doug. I'm impartial...just responding to a post that I feel was not that big of a deal...

If you find wasting a ton of time and $2,000 'no big deal', then lend me $2,000....I'm sure it will be 'no big deal' to you, if I don't repay it any time soon.

Man, I don't know what you are talking about! rantrant

You paid money to get the books graded and you also claim you lost money selling them slabbed compared to what you would have netted if they were raw?

That could be possible...how is that Doug's fault? He persuaded you into submitting your raw books into CGC? Why did you let him do that? I see nothing wrong with you getting them slabbed. Pedigree only sells slabbed books...how is that some surprise to you if you are aware of what you as a seller are getting into?

Plus, what kind of promotion should Pedigree do for your books on the site? The books are posted there for the WORLD to see if they wanted to buy those books. Perhaps those books aren't that hot and you selected the wrong dealer to sell those books? Pedigree is mostly a Marvel site in my mind (although he has some great DC)... You even acknowledge that earlier that if your books were marvels they might have had more attention...perhaps that could have applied to the customers who frequent Pedigree...

Lastly, regarding having them removed from the Pedigree site...you are right. 100% They should be removed. No argument there.

I just don't see why you are so :censored: mad about it. I don't understand your $2,000 theory. Can you explain some more and try to calm down a bit :baiting:

+1 for me ..... I too emailed this guy several times and not one damn response. I do not have time or the patience to chase a dealer so he can have my business. Will never deal with.

I can't tell you how many emails Comiclink has not responded too over the years, it happens, but when it does I just pick the phone up and things seem to get resolved. Assumption is the mother of all ups so if he can't be bothered to call Doug and sort this out before he gets upset then oh well.

I've had the same experiences with comic link. I continue to choose to do business with them and continue to complain about their ing terrible customer service when it comes to responding to emails. As a customer I don't think I should have to always go the extra mile to get a freaking response out of somebody. And I certainly don't think that I should have to do that AND put a happy face on and not complain about it. Maybe he should pick up the phone to try and iron this out. It could help. But going back through this thread, there's more reason to not deal with Pedigree than a simple lack of responding to emails. 2c

+1 for me ..... I too emailed this guy several times and not one damn response. I do not have time or the patience to chase a dealer so he can have my business. Will never deal with.

there it is

there it is

Actually, there it is

Guess what, genius, I've not only sent him emails, I have directly tried to contact him through his website, AND I've made several posts here on his threads that you would think even the dumbest would have noticed. I have a feeling that something else is going on. So when I saw this old thread, I figured it might be the place to share my story. Sorry you think I'm so lazy and stupid. Whatever. When it happens to you, let me know how you feel. I'll be there for support!.......not.....Thanks for your negative 2 cents.

What cost you $2000?

You must have missed this part of a post I made on page 36:

"Mark, it seems trival to you because you didn't have to pay nearly $1k to get the books graded, etc., at Doug recommendation. My bottom line, should I have sold ALL the books raw by myself, would have been improved by nearly $2k. This comes from slabbing fees, Doug's commission, plus my expenses for driving down to the CGC offices to see if the Dell collection might be worthy of a Pedigree designation. I don't find my $2k loss as trivial. Maybe to you, but not me."

All the above was done at Doug's recommendation to maximize my sales. Mark H. of CGC wouldn't designate it as a Pedigree collection, mainly because the collection wasn't large enough. Otherwise I would have slabbed the entire collection and consigned more than the original 30 I left with CGC. As I found no trouble is selling all the raw books from the collection, along with all the unsold slabs (that are still up on Doug's website), the ultimate failure I see here rests on Doug's lack of customer support and promotion. All he did was have Scoop run the original article (which, like I said, I wrote most of -- and posted a link to on a previous page), and he did one post here, with zero follow-up (check for yourself). It's NOT what I expected, and certainly NOT worth what I paid him in commissions.

And I'm SURE my emails were getting through to him, because he responded when I asked for the unsold slabs to be sent back to me (at an additional cost of nearly $50). After that, zip, nada, nothing...

However, it's Doug's business. Shouldn't he be the one going the extra mile, yard, foot or what have you to make customers and consignors happy?

A lot of the complaints I see here are customer service related. Sorry, as a customer, I shouldn't have to get on my knees and suck :censored: to get what I want. Especially something as easy as removing consignments when i've asked multiple times. I'm giving you business, not the other way around.

BINGO!

Strange the only people I see defending Doug Schmell from time to time are the ones that are making money off him and his site.

How am I making money off of him or his site? Please elaborate this generalized sweeping statement.

So, you ARE defending him? lol

I don't actually think chromium was referring to you, although he replied to you, but you are quick to the defense . . . :)

You are quite an interesting guy. I like how suddenly I become the bad guy here and you are trying to portray me as a defender of Doug. I'm impartial...just responding to a post that I feel was not that big of a deal...

Man, I don't know what you are talking about! rantrant

You paid money to get the books graded and you also claim you lost money selling them slabbed compared to what you would have netted if they were raw?

That could be possible...how is that Doug's fault? He persuaded you into submitting your raw books into CGC? Why did you let him do that? I see nothing wrong with you getting them slabbed. Pedigree only sells slabbed books...how is that some surprise to you if you are aware of what you as a seller are getting into?

Plus, what kind of promotion should Pedigree do for your books on the site? The books are posted there for the WORLD to see if they wanted to buy those books. Perhaps those books aren't that hot and you selected the wrong dealer to sell those books? Pedigree is mostly a Marvel site in my mind (although he has some great DC)... You even acknowledge that earlier that if your books were marvels they might have had more attention...perhaps that could have applied to the customers who frequent Pedigree...

Lastly, regarding having them removed from the Pedigree site...you are right. 100% They should be removed. No argument there.

I just don't see why you are so :censored: mad about it. I don't understand your $2,000 theory. Can you explain some more and try to calm down a bit :baiting:

I went through Doug because I was led to believe he had connections to buyers who would be VERY interested in what I had. He told me that, himself, on the phone. I didn't want to have to do it all myself, and went through his 'service' out of convienence and an apparent misunderstanding as to his abilities and connections. His ad in OSPG, and recommendation from Valiantman were both very misleading. A point I didn't realize until it was too late. And yes, the raw books were so sweet looking in my ebay auctions that they sold themselves. I sold every single one.

Its hilarious that you are calling me negative. All I said was that you've done everything but actually pick up the phone yet your carrying on like an emotional teenager. I never said your lazy or stupid but after your last post I think you convinced me of at least the latter. :makepoint: Oh and since we are being childish, next time get some nicer books to consign. :censored:

Its hilarious that you are calling me negative. All I said was that you've done everything but actually pick up the phone yet your carrying on like an emotional teenager. I never said your lazy or stupid but after your last post I think you convinced me of at least the latter. :makepoint: Oh and since we are being childish, next time get some nicer books to consign. :censored:

:o

Oh no you di'nt!

Yeah, I think VK took your suggestions as as slight. I know you didn't intend it that way. I think his response is indicative of somebody who is so truly fed up with another individual that they're going a bit cross-eyed with anger. It's hard to back the wagon up sometimes when that's going on.