• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread

490 posts in this topic

Question--I have two books that were signed on 12/8/09 with a witness present. I wanted to get those books signed at Emerald City. So are these books no longer worthy of the yellow label because if that's the fact, then I have one book with four sigs (McNiven, MO!, Vines, Wein) and another with two sigs (Miki and Wein) on them which are, at best, a green label. But these sigs were obtained prior to the new rules which were in effect as of 1/1/10. What now?

I'm sorry, I need more information. Are the books currently certified as Signature Series? Are you a former witness? (I'm sorry I don't recognize your handle & I don't know who you are :( ) Is a former witness like JJ holding your books?

A little more info and I'll can help you out. (thumbs u

All these supernerds, with their questions made Plitch go crazy! He's talking to himself now!

Fixed! Thanks! :blush:

How will these changes affect those who are trying to obtain signatures from film and TV cast members who aren't dirtectly associated with comics and may attend events where comics aren't featured?

We are working with Celebrity Authentics (who are following the exact same rules as everyone else, I want to make that crystal clear) on that front. Check out their website for details and what will be offered in the future: www.celebrityauthentics.com

SDCC this year will be crazy for these sort of signings and we are planning to bring a large crew so that we can handle these requests. :wishluck:

I had books signed by the casts of True Blood, 24 & Fringe last year at SDCC. I just went up to the CGC booth as each signing started and they sent whichever employee or witness was available at the time back with me to witness the books. There was A LOT of running from one side of the hall to the other but CGC came through every time. My only question is if CGC would be able to temporarily contract the "old witnesses" as cgc employees for large shows like SDCC so that they could continue to help with the heavy flow of people coming to the booth needing an employee to witness a signing on the fly. My concern is that this year I get to the CGC booth in need of a cgc employee on the go and there won't be one available, where as before there were so many witnesses at the show that one was usually always around to help out..

Will something be worked out so that books that are already SS graded will be able to easily be re-submitted for additional signatures? I have a book that I'd like to get 3 or 4 sigs on but doubt that all the creators I want to sign it will be in one place at the same time.

How will these changes affect those who are trying to obtain signatures from film and TV cast members who aren't dirtectly associated with comics and may attend events where comics aren't featured?

We are working with Celebrity Authentics (who are following the exact same rules as everyone else, I want to make that crystal clear) on that front. Check out their website for details and what will be offered in the future: www.celebrityauthentics.com

SDCC this year will be crazy for these sort of signings and we are planning to bring a large crew so that we can handle these requests. :wishluck:

I had books signed by the casts of True Blood, 24 & Fringe last year at SDCC. I just went up to the CGC booth as each signing started and they sent whichever employee or witness was available at the time back with me to witness the books. There was A LOT of running from one side of the hall to the other but CGC came through every time. My only question is if CGC would be able to temporarily contract the "old witnesses" as cgc employees for large shows like SDCC so that they could continue to help with the heavy flow of people coming to the booth needing an employee to witness a signing on the fly. My concern is that this year I get to the CGC booth in need of a cgc employee on the go and there won't be one available, where as before there were so many witnesses at the show that one was usually always around to help out..

That was me last year and I enjoyed working with you both! You guys had an AWESOME show!!!

At a convention, would I be able to deliver a sketch cover to an artist, have it sketched and then have someone from CGC ( a CAW or whomever) pick it up from the artist in order to have it graded?

Yes, just like before.

That was you? Those were freakin awesome.

We are planning to bring a lot of help to the larger shows like SDCC & NYCC in order to meet everyones needs.

Will something be worked out so that books that are already SS graded will be able to easily be re-submitted for additional signatures? I have a book that I'd like to get 3 or 4 sigs on but doubt that all the creators I want to sign it will be in one place at the same time.

It shouldn't be too difficult with some coordination. For example, our Contract Authorized Witness for LBCC on Feb 20th is going to send a small number of books to our Contract Authorized Witness at the Carb Show in NYC by Feb 27th. We worked with the CAW's for both shows & the Facilitators for both shows & it worked out.

In some cases, the books might need to be held at CGC and special arrangements will need to be made in order to do that. An instance like that would be if you have a book getting done at 1 show and your other artist won't sign until 3 months later, then we'll have to make different arrangements.

Now your books are already certified Sig Series, right? All that needs to be done in that case is the books need to be cracked out by or in front of an employee (employee includes Contract Authorized Witnesses).

That was me last year and I enjoyed working with you both! You guys had an AWESOME show!!!

There you go, you can have JJ. :devil:

At a convention, would I be able to deliver a sketch cover to an artist, have it sketched and then have someone from CGC ( a CAW or whomever) pick it up from the artist in order to have it graded?

Yes, just like before.

Does the artist have to be seen physically sketching it or signing it as long as no one else has had contact with the book until the CGC representative picks it up?

For example, I come up to the CGC booth and say, "Ethan Van Sciver has my sketch finished. Can someone accompany me to pick it up?" We walk over there and I say, "I am here to pick up my sketch," and Ethan hands the CGC representative the book. We go back, fill out paper work and viola, we are finished.

Yes, just like before.

Does the artist have to be seen physically sketching it or signing it as long as no one else has had contact with the book until the CGC representative picks it up?

For example, I come up to the CGC booth and say, "Ethan Van Sciver has my sketch finished. Can someone accompany me to pick it up?" We walk over there and I say, "I am here to pick up my sketch," and Ethan hands the CGC representative the book. We go back, fill out paper work and viola, we are finished.

Both of your scenerios work as long as CGC receives the book directly from the artist.

The artist can even drop off his own sketchbooks to certify & sell if they so choose.

Yes, just like before.

Both of your scenerios work as long as CGC receives the book directly from the artist.

The artist can even drop off his own sketchbooks to certify & sell if they so choose.

I'm not trying to be an arsehole about it. I just want to make sure I understand and get it done correctly. Oh, and thanks.

Yes, just like before.

I'm not trying to be an arsehole about it. I just want to make sure I understand and get it done correctly. Oh, and thanks.

No worries. I didn't think you were. I know you like to be thorough. :hi:

SDCC last year went about as good as it could possibly go for us. And we definitely remember you and appreciated the help. I'm looking forward to another great year at comic con and can't believe hotel reservations open up in just a few weeks!

That was you? Those were freakin awesome.

We are planning to bring a lot of help to the larger shows like SDCC & NYCC in order to meet everyones needs.

Thanks! Glad to hear that extra help is being arranged. I am sure that after the first show or 2 goes down (most) everyone will relax and fall right back into their signature series groove as if nothing ever changed..