• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I’m in!! Soft market and good deal from a fellow boardie and I have one of the most important comics in history! 
something good amongst all the bad going on. 

4B61AB6C-BB9D-433D-AA26-F534F4446B73.jpeg

I'm late to the thread.  Nice, well-presenting copy.  Congrats!    

Edited by Pantodude
clarification

On 3/30/2020 at 11:52 AM, Jus10 said:

Im late to the party....... but here's my 2 copies.....

Showcase4  e.jpg

Wow raw.. and the one on the left looks high grade.. (with such low numbers anything over 6.50 would be high grade, about the equivalent of a ASM 3 9.2 or FF 48 9.4 ). How long have you had them .. dealer pick ups or from a Con long ago.

16 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Wow raw.. and the one on the left looks high grade.. (with such low numbers anything over 6.50 would be high grade, about the equivalent of a ASM 3 9.2 or FF 48 9.4 ). How long have you had them .. dealer pick ups or from a Con long ago.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Looks nice but not high grade. The spine actually looks worse on the left one than the right copy. They both appear to be solid mid to low-mid grade copies.

Not hard to find but hard to find at a price where you don't just walk away. So few copies, that a lot of dealers /collectors over the years who have bought well, or have plenty of cash just put a price on and park it. A 5.5 on thios would almost be high grade, as so few over it around. Very nice copy, and thank you for sharing.

9 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Not hard to find but hard to find at a price where you don't just walk away. So few copies, that a lot of dealers /collectors over the years who have bought well, or have plenty of cash just put a price on and park it. A 5.5 on thios would almost be high grade, as so few over it around. Very nice copy, and thank you for sharing.

That is true.  A lot of dealers and collectors want a ton of money for one.  I just feel this book is due to a spike soon.  We shall see!