• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

I think it's also the buyer's responsibility to ask questions and have a rough idea on how to grade comics, especially a comic of this magnitude. If you're going to be spending on an item like this, you better do your homework first. Like with most dealers, they cannot guarantee what a 3rd party grading company would grade the book, which I think is fair game.

I asked Sparkle City questions about the book and felt that based on their responses, that their assigned grade was a bit high. I actually had the book graded at a GD+ so was accurate there but didn't expect the light tan pages, which was way off from their offwhite-white pages they had it at. 

Oh I don't disagree with you at all on the above. 

I wouldn't consign a book to a dealer if they just sold it to me as a 3.5 with ow/w and it comes back a 2.5 with LT/OW pages without there being something behind the scenes.  I'd find another dealer to work with on the transaction (just my 2c ).

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

Oh I don't disagree with you at all on the above. 

I wouldn't consign a book to a dealer if they just sold it to me as a 3.5 with ow/w and it comes back a 2.5 with LT/OW pages without there being something behind the scenes.  I'd find another dealer to work with on the transaction (just my 2c ).

Yeah it does makes sense as I too would agree with you there. Sparkle is i think doing a nice favor for the buyer if it is the case.

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I think around 9500? Just checked bidding looks like its doing quite well. Wondering why owner would flip it that quickly. 

$10.5k-11k.  This is one of those books that's "PQ"-proof.  :insane:

-J.

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Looks like the not so nice 2.5 with not so nice PQ also received a not so nice price.

Yeah that's weird.  A 1.8 copy with "brittle pages" on the label sold for $6766 in 5/16 which was consistent with the 1.8 that sold for $6750 with "ow" on the label in 6/17. 

Maybe the fact that this book was just seen raw a few weeks ago has something to do with it? (shrug)

-J.

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

$8500.  

Much lower than recent 3.0 sale of $12,755 and 2.0 sale of $9250.

How do you explain the parity in pricing for the 1.8's I referenced a year back?  Any response to the possibility that this book might have actually gone low because it was a quick flip having just been sold a few weeks ago ? 

-J.

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

How do you explain the parity in pricing for the 1.8's I referenced a year back?  Any response to the possibility that this book might have actually gone low because it was a quick flip having just been sold a few weeks ago ? 

-J.

I didn't see the 1.8.  I'm sure you'll take anything I have to say with any respect :D I'm just a "rando" dealer.

Venue?  Timing? Presentation? Bin? Auction?  So many variables but you'll continue to push your agenda on the PQ and what not so have at it (thumbsu

13 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I didn't see the 1.8.  I'm sure you'll take anything I have to say with any respect :D I'm just a "rando" dealer.

Venue?  Timing? Presentation? Bin? Auction?  So many variables but you'll continue to push your agenda on the PQ and what not so have at it (thumbsu

What "agenda"? If the sales happened they happened.   You ignore data points that don't fit your narrative.  All the questions you just asked about the 1.8's could be asked about this 2.5 when making the comparison you attempted to make earlier.  But you didn't.   And when I did, you ignored it. 

Consider all the publicly available data, or consider none.  That has always been and remains my point on the topic.  (thumbsu

Oh, and by the way, I didn't even know you are a dealer, rando or otherwise.   (shrug)lol

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

18 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What "agenda"? If the sales happened they happened.   You ignore data points that don't fit your narrative.  All the questions you just asked about the 1.8's could be asked about this 2.5 when making the comparison you attempted to make earlier.  But you didn't.   And when I did, you ignored it. 

Consider all the publicly available data, or consider none.  That has always been and remains my point on the topic.  (thumbsu

Oh, and by the way, I didn't even know you are a dealer, rando or otherwise.   (shrug)lol

-J.

(thumbsu as you were...as you were.