• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade game!

310 posts in this topic

If someone on the other post can loose half a grade with re-submission,(on a 5.0 never mind a 9.4!!!!) then why in the world would anyone pay double guide for a book that if re-submitted might be a 9.0?

I don't like 3rd party grading. too many politics involved.

There's a huge difference between a 5.0 book going to a 4.5, and a 9.4 book going to a 9.0.

Perhaps you need to spend some more time learning how to grade books and less time bashing CGC on their own message board?

Oh..... I get it now, this is the CGC's board? NO wonder why people said 9.4 and agreed so quickly.

I've been buying book for 30 years. I have dealt with MOST dealers in the country who know me when they see me.

I thought this board was "3rd party" to the CGC. Thanks for sharing this with me.

But it's ok for people to "bash" the PGX?

So.... why isn't this called the CGC Society?

& I'm not bashing anyone. I disagreed with "the opinion" placed on a book.

I go in now and cancel my membership to "the mob".

think about what you just said mschmidt .....

"There's a huge difference between a 5.0 book going to a 4.5, and a 9.4 book going to a 9.0."

this is correct, it's EASIER for a 9.4 to be downgraded to a 9.0 than it is for a 5.0 to be downed to a 4.5. :makepoint:

think about what you just said mschmidt .....

"There's a huge difference between a 5.0 book going to a 4.5, and a 9.4 book going to a 9.0."

this is correct, it's EASIER for a 9.4 to be downgraded to a 9.0 than it is for a 5.0 to be downed to a 4.5. :makepoint:

No.

Weren't you leaving?

1. CGC's grade is just an opinion, despite the end-all, be-all status which the market has bestowed upon them.

2. It's ok to disagree with CGC's opinion.

3. CGC needs legitimate competition.

???????

What's that all about JEFFRO

I go in now and cancel my membership to "the mob".

Bye :hi:

I don't have an anti CGC agenda. I have found them to be quite helpful many times. I'm just confused at how a book with a dust shadow(which is a defect) get's such a high grade. One that signifies a potentially double guide price. Not to mention the pencil, which is not an arrival date. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way, but was looking for unbiased OPINIONS.

I started this thread to get other "opinions" and it seems the only "opinions" given were based on the actual grade given, without light to any reasoning.

I agree with many grades given, but other's I don't understand how they arrived at.

I feel when someone is paying such huge sums based on "official slabbed grades", they should be "true" or "close". Why isn't it a 9.2 or a 9.0? Isn't THAT a good enough grade for that book? I don't believe it is "newsstand fresh".

Now I understand there is what is called the "GA bump", which I don't agree with.

I deal with many pro dealers like Payette, Rogovin, Metropolis, Pacific, Comic Link and just don't understand it. Rather than jump on me saying I'm here to bash,..... help me out! Explain it to me so I understand better. I thought this was the purpose of this "society".

.... was sharing opinions.

Basically, those who gave the 9.4 cheated because they saw/knew the answer, and spoiled other opinions. Why did you respond?

I go by Overstreet grading guidelines.

why dont you call cgc or go to the ask cgc forum if you truely are looking for answer to questions....instead of just making a thread asking NON cgc employees

cause dude it looks like your here to bash ....

HOW am I bashing? If anything I am "retaliating" at those who claim I am "SHILL" or here to Bash.

I posted a picture, asked what your "GUESS" was, and I get jumped on for SHILL and BASHING

I would have posted this in the "guess the grade" but it was already graded so was looking for reasoning. I wanted to see if anyone was "surprised" to SEE the "official grade" like I was.

Basically, those who gave the 9.4 cheated because they saw/knew the answer, and spoiled other opinions. W

actually this book has been posted and discussed before in the other forum area so I have seen it and remembered it ... and didn't care then or now but I am sure I am not the only one that saw this book before.