• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Brown Boys' 1936 Newspaper Strip?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I purchased a nearly complete set of original art for a strip called 'Brown Boys', by artist J John Humski. Its an incredible set of art, 115 drawings, 2 full years, and each strip is in perfect shape. Does anyone have any knowledge beyond the heritage description- as it sold from Heritage Comics.

It appears these drawings have been hidden for 70 years without being seen, so i feel this is possibly a major, and under appreciated, find for those who research history of newspaper strips. If it was a stack of actual comicbooks found after 70 years, it would be quite an event! I am hoping to promote this art somehow, as its safe to say noone has read these stories. Ill provide some scans from the heritage website- i am quite excited to own something that has historical value- even tho the demand is not there.