• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud alert -- Superman #1

7 posts in this topic

Here we go again -- Link goes to eBay listing #330409660202

It's the old "Hey everybody, I've got Superman #1, and no it couldn't possibly be an oversized reprint with the cover removed" trick. Naturally it's combined with the old, "Hey everybody, I've got a zero seller rating" trick and the old, "Gee willickers, why do none of my photos show the spine?" trick.

super-fraud.jpg

The seller later provided photographs showing a tape measure against the book. It was clearly a reprint. I sent the seller an email notifying him of this; he removed the item for sale and said he would relist it as a reprint.

Victory is ours!

Here we go again -- Link goes to eBay listing #330409660202

It's the old "Hey everybody, I've got Superman #1, and no it couldn't possibly be an oversized reprint with the cover removed" trick. Naturally it's combined with the old, "Hey everybody, I've got a zero seller rating" trick and the old, "Gee willickers, why do none of my photos show the spine?" trick.

super-fraud.jpg

Haha :roflmao:

The seller later provided photographs showing a tape measure against the book. It was clearly a reprint. I sent the seller an email notifying him of this; he removed the item for sale and said he would relist it as a reprint.

Victory is ours!

Yeah, he wrote me back too and apologized for the situation. Maybe he really didn't have a clue, or maybe he just realized people were on to it and he should cancel. Either way, our work is done!