• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To restore or not to restore a high-value golden-age comic?

43 posts in this topic

hm

I guess I would ask who here thinks doing this type of repair to a book should make the book less valuable, or even less desireable compared to slapping on a piece of adhesive tape because it would get a different color label.

Just a note to chime in here. I'm the owner and spent several weeks hemming and hawing over whether to have Plastic Man #1 restored. In the end the decision rested on the fact that the book will likely last longer and in better shape if the tear is sealed. Based on the photos I am quite pleased with the results.

Ze-Man has been a pro and extremely communicative every step of the way, and he did this work within a couple days of my sending him the book.

That is a clean looking tear seal. This book reminds me of Padma Lakshmi - hot, with a kinky scar.

:cloud9:

hm

DSC00073-1.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00093-1.jpg

DSC00095-1.jpg

I guess I would ask who here thinks doing this type of repair to a book should make the book less valuable, or even less desireable compared to slapping on a piece of adhesive tape because it would get a different color label.