• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Boardies
6 6

406 posts in this topic

There's a lot of boardies I miss. Sal only posts a little bit, xxHBTHXxx only posts once in a while, AlecHolland has stuff to deal with...BuffyFan disappeared for a while...

I guess I have more attachment to you dorks than others do, I suppose. I don't understand how people can disappear. I stopped posting for more than a day, and couldn't stand it.

:(

I liked Sal's posts, all Aok with him?

Sal's just married and living life.

I think he stepped outside one day and never looked back.

lol

It's surprisingly easy to step away from here and realize months have gone by...

Hello all =)

I haven't been a super active member on here in probably 10+ years! I had pm'd comicgrinder a few times since then but never got any responses which I thought was odd for him!? 

He was the 1st board member to welcome me aboard & buy my 1st book (ASM#28 CGC 9.0). Others were scared to buy my high end keys since I was new, But he broke the ice for me and left me some great feedback that assured others I was a great guy & trustworthy! 

So I'd chat with him every once in awhile on & off over the years. I just noticed this thread and it says he is/was sick!? Is he ok? Hope nothing really bad happened!? He was an awesome guy! If anyone knows him I'd appreciate an update on him! Thanks!

Edited by Eyekndy

1 hour ago, LongLostBoarder said:

Thank Jeebus that jackasss never came back.

And if the OP is still wondering, Showcase-4 is now scamming people with fake new age "medicine".

http://goldenagegems.com/stevemeyer/

Distance energy healing is his speciality! Big change from mortgages...

Wow!    He's come a long way since tauting the importance of Obediah Oldbuck. 

Edited by chrisco37

On 2/26/2017 at 0:26 PM, Eyekndy said:

Hello all =)

I haven't been a super active member on here in probably 10+ years! I had pm'd comicgrinder a few times since then but never got any responses which I thought was odd for him!? 

He was the 1st board member to welcome me aboard & buy my 1st book (ASM#28 CGC 9.0). Others were scared to buy my high end keys since I was new, But he broke the ice for me and left me some great feedback that assured others I was a great guy & trustworthy! 

So I'd chat with him every once in awhile on & off over the years. I just noticed this thread and it says he is/was sick!? Is he ok? Hope nothing really bad happened!? He was an awesome guy! If anyone knows him I'd appreciate an update on him! Thanks!

comicgrinder was outta work and retrained and moved on.  Far as I know he's ok.

24 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

comicgrinder was outta work and retrained and moved on.  Far as I know he's ok.

Retrained? Do you mean retired? Not sure what you meant if not!? But I'm glad someone on the boards replied! Hopefully he's doing great! Miss him!

21 minutes ago, Eyekndy said:

Retrained? Do you mean retired? Not sure what you meant if not!? But I'm glad someone on the boards replied! Hopefully he's doing great! Miss him!

He lost his job and had gone back to school.  If I recall correctly it was computer  related.

unfortunately comicgrinder is not doing well, here is my last PM from him.

I would love too but right now im not sure how much longer ill be around. The health care system is dropping the ball BIG time :tonofbricks: . Theyve mentioned in passing that I might lose my feet if it gets much worse. Theyve done nothing so far. So while Ive been bed ridden these last 7 months or so Ive been working on these. thought id offer em here on the boards as a thanks , in a way, for the help this community gave me when I was in trouble. Is that a stupid idea?

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I would love too but right now im not sure how much longer ill be around. The health care system is dropping the ball BIG time :tonofbricks: . Theyve mentioned in passing that I might lose my feet if it gets much worse. Theyve done nothing so far. So while Ive been bed ridden these last 7 months or so Ive been working on these. thought id offer em here on the boards as a thanks , in a way, for the help this community gave me when I was in trouble. Is that a stupid idea?

Uggggghhhhhh....... that's NOT what I wanted to hear =(

24 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Not good.

Wasn't there some controversy about 'Grinder stating he didn't have money but was buying books? Something along those lines.

If it wasn't him I apologize.

He contacted me recently (can't remember which venue I was traveling) and I didn't reply because I was unsure of the past history).

11 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Wasn't there some controversy about 'Grinder stating he didn't have money but was buying books? Something along those lines.

If it wasn't him I apologize.

He contacted me recently (can't remember which venue I was traveling) and I didn't reply because I was unsure of the past history).

There was indeed. In fact, this very thread has some details about it. 

8 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

There was indeed. In fact, this very thread has some details about it. 

I didn't feel like reading all 14 pages on here, but now I'm confused!? Is he sick or ok!? I pm'd him but didn't get any response ?