• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holocaust in GA Comics
1 1

80 posts in this topic

Here is a nifty book I picked up from an antique store in North Carolina. It is called "The Crimes and Atrocities of the Guilty". I believe it was published shortly after the war, and has in handwriting on several pages the date of September 2, 1945. Strangely, it states on the copyright page that it is reprinted from Collier's and was published as a series in Collier's from Aug. 7 1943 to October 7 1944. This is strange to me because of all the Holocaust references within, and 1943-44 seems a bit early for same. I have scanned the front cover, back cover, splash, and some great caricatures of those we love to hate. In addition, there are caricatures of Franz Von Papen, Robert Ley, Joachim Von Ribbentrop, Alfred Rosenberg, Arthur Greiser, Walther Gross, Hideki Tojo, Saburo Kurusu, Hirohito, Mussolini - and thats only the first half of the book!! Let me know if you want to see any of these.

Scan-1.jpg

Scan1-1.jpg

Scan2-1.jpg

Scan3-1.jpg

Scan4-1.jpg

Scan5-1.jpg

Scan6-1.jpg

Here is a nifty book I picked up from an antique store in North Carolina. It is called "The Crimes and Atrocities of the Guilty". I believe it was published shortly after the war, and has in handwriting on several pages the date of September 2, 1945. Strangely, it states on the copyright page that it is reprinted from Collier's and was published as a series in Collier's from Aug. 7 1943 to October 7 1944. This is strange to me because of all the Holocaust references within, and 1943-44 seems a bit early for same. I have scanned the front cover, back cover, splash, and some great caricatures of those we love to hate. In addition, there are caricatures of Franz Von Papen, Robert Ley, Joachim Von Ribbentrop, Alfred Rosenberg, Arthur Greiser, Walther Gross, Hideki Tojo, Saburo Kurusu, Hirohito, Mussolini - and thats only the first half of the book!! Let me know if you want to see any of these.

Looks like the book had these pieces of s**t pegged pretty well.

Thanks for posting these pages, and I'd like to see more if you want to post them. (thumbs u

Looks like the book had these pieces of s**t pegged pretty well.

Thanks for posting these pages, and I'd like to see more if you want to post them. (thumbs u

Absolutely - I will post more this evening, including the Japanese caricatures.

Clue Comics #7 has the Nazi concentration camp cover:

3679-1.jpg

GE

3174170000_17d77e8115_o.jpg

It's been a while since I looked at mine, but IIRC this wasn't WWII related. Just your run-of-the-mill sadist.

Actually it was Hitler's secret account books written on the backs of men. Reminds you of tattooing in slave labor camps which was probably the idea. It is not necessarily a holocaust cover but is related. Clue comics also featured an evil T-Rex which wore a Nazi arm band..er leg band. Other superheroes in that issue of Clue were Twilight and Snoopy, Zippo, Nightmare and Micro-Face. All of them were strange. Art by Tony Dipreta and Rudy Palais I think.

bb

4420211218_6c9c6ce9ce.jpg4420211292_a5415325d4.jpg

4420211254_38cc5b3eaf.jpg4419452715_d0de7a2715.jpg

Scan-1.jpg

Scan1-1.jpg

Scan2-1.jpg

Scan3-1.jpg

Scan4-1.jpg

Scan5-1.jpg

Scan6-1.jpg

Creepy Hitler :eek:

Are there any other references of the Holocaust in GA comics other than the Cap#46 cover?

This particularly nasty story is from Voodoo #5 (1952, Ajax Farrell). This is one of the hardest issues of Voodoo to find.

The theme of this story compares with 1955's "Master Race" from Impact #1. But the treatment is devoid of any artsy touches and dives straight into dark horror.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PRE-CODE HORROR

94655.jpg.725727f56453760af6d9ad8d85d148eb.jpg

94656.jpg.80b2a488cecc55e70a1190eb39412ffe.jpg

94657.jpg.ab73047f8fd4538d5760d23b96303feb.jpg

94658.jpg.c3263693c9764de1db5cabcede128ad0.jpg

94659.jpg.80abeca9b3ef6b3616245c2a1b086a53.jpg