• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Omaha" The Cat Dancer
2 2

239 posts in this topic

I recently started reading this series. It seems like I'm working my way through quite a bit of copper Kitchen Sink stuff. Anyway, it seems the first appearance of Omaha outside of Vootie is Bizarre Sex #9. Later they keep mentioning an appearance in Bizarre Sex #5, but they make it seem like $5 came after #9. How can this be? Is it material later added to a second print of #5?

And for your question about #5, from the same page:

1984: 5-page untitled “Omaha” story appears in Dope Comix #5 (reprinted in Bizarre Sex Series #5, fourth printing, and as “Shelly and Omaha” in The Collected Omaha Volume 1)

Thanks for the link. So is there a way you can tell by looking at the cover if you have a 4th printing or later? Also, I just read in an advert for the collected edition vol. 1 that there was five pages of new material. Do these trades have exclusive material or is this stuff published in the comics at some point?

I'm checking that official site now as it does go into details on the sidebar when there is new material added to a book.

I don't see anything yet about the Omaha #5 fourth printing distinguishing items on the cover.

Yeah I checked out that sidebar up to where I'm at right now. It's very useful but it doesn't say what exactly that new material in the collection is. The advert on the inside back cover of Omaha #7 says "The collected Omaha is a 128 page book which prints all the early adventures of Omaha in chronological order! With an 11 by 17 inch gatefold cover by Reed Waller and an all new 5 page story!"

The collections don't go for that much on eBay, but if I already have all the material in floppy form I'll probably pass. If it has 5 pages of exclusive story I might have to pick it up though ;)

Edited by dupont2005

I'm checking that official site now as it does go into details on the sidebar when there is new material added to a book.

I don't see anything yet about the Omaha #5 fourth printing distinguishing items on the cover.

Think you mean Bizarre Sex #5 (4th print). These fall under Underground Comix. BS #5 has an awsome Richard Corben cover. The way I believe you can tell the 4th printing is that the 1st 3 printings were magazine sized, the 4th print his comic book sized and has a different tint and cover price.

4th print has a $2.00 cover price and is a green tint instead of purple with a different logo/text of the title.

I need to get back to digging up Omaha books. Started last year - had someone sell me a BS 9 first print that "shipped" but never arrived (long-lost board member) - but gave up after a few months.