• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Omaha" The Cat Dancer
2 2

241 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2017 at 4:57 PM, Aweandlorder said:

HOLY mess is that for real??? $200????

On 4/14/2017 at 6:23 PM, Aweandlorder said:

:sorry:

Right there with ya bud, would have been all over it if I'd had any idea.

Maybe I missed it, but how do you confirm the printings on the Omaha issues? I picked up a large collection with a small underground subset a while ago, including an Omaha run. The indicia all seem to have a backwards countdown from 10. Were there 10 printings of each issue??? I'm thinking I am misunderstanding. :sorry:

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Maybe I missed it, but how do you confirm the printings on the Omaha issues? I picked up a large collection with a small underground subset a while ago, including an Omaha run. The indicia all seem to have a backwards countdown from 10. Were there 10 printings of each issue??? I'm thinking I am misunderstanding. :sorry:

The lowest number usually indicates the edition number

On 4/13/2017 at 1:57 PM, Aweandlorder said:

I wouldn't be sure this is the actual original art. It's more likely a print. What would Goodwill be doing with Omaha original art?

3 minutes ago, Comicdave said:

I wouldn't be sure this is the actual original art. It's more likely a print. What would Goodwill be doing with Omaha original art?

if it's a print, where are the other examples of this image being used as a print?

Sometimes people die and they don't have living relatives or the living relatives don't care about the items and there actual value.

Its sad but it happens.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

if it's a print, where are the other examples of this image being used as a print?

Sometimes people die and they don't have living relatives or the living relatives don't care about the items and there actual value.

Its sad but it happens.

Yeah it could be possible, but it's obvious the people bidding weren't real sure either. If this was the actual original art, there's no way it goes for $200. $2000 at least if not more.

32 minutes ago, Comicdave said:

Yeah it could be possible, but it's obvious the people bidding weren't real sure either. If this was the actual original art, there's no way it goes for $200. $2000 at least if not more.

I think it would go for $2000 if Heritage or CLINK took it and advertised it so people were made aware of it. 

I think the main reason this item sold for $200 is because it was sold as a 7 day auction and the REAL fans of this series that would actually pay $2000 for this item were not made aware of the auction. Who in this thread has an ebay alert for Omaha The Cat Dancer? The item sold for $200 because it wasn't presented to the correct audience.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I think it would go for $2000 if Heritage or CLINK took it and advertised it so people were made aware of it. 

I think the main reason this item sold for $200 is because it was sold as a 7 day auction and the REAL fans of this series that would actually pay $2000 for this item were not made aware of the auction. Who in this thread has an ebay alert for Omaha The Cat Dancer? The item sold for $200 because it wasn't presented to the correct audience.

Yup yup. Kinda like how it took @Comicdave 25 days to react to my link of this auction in this thread

I was contemplating paying $25 for an 8.5-9.0ish BS #9 and then I quickly looked it up..yikes, according to recent sales the bottom has fallen out on the Omaha books..a 7.5 slab sold for $1.25 plus shipping?  The shop owner is not the kind of guy you show an ebay price to, so i didn't try to negotiate down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bizarre-Sex-9-CGC-7-5-1st-App-of-Omaha-the-Cat-Dancer-/122391745164?hash=item1c7f1dd28c:g:N-4AAOSwuxFYw4LV

$3.99 for a raw plus shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bizarre-Sex-9-Omaha-The-Cat-Dancer-Kitchen-Sink-Press-1981-VF-NM-/282351414427?hash=item41bd74ac9b%3Ag%3ACYwAAOSwLEtYl45B&nma=true&si=MWCRhdvf4M7KTm6zum%2BQIQzvOBc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'd still like a BS 9, but I have to adjust downward what I would be willing to pay.  I probably would have done it for $10, paying a premium for seeing the book in hand, etc.