• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 64

272 posts in this topic

:news:THIRD ANNUAL MARCH MADNESS GRADING TOURNAMENT :news:

Welcome everyone to the March Madness Grading Tournament, and congratulations to everyone who qualified. (worship)

This year's tournament features a full field of 64 teams which includes many veteran squads including both previous National Champions- Timmay and sckao. (worship)

There are also several formidable new teams rounding out the top eight in Etanick, Jeffro, and Point Five. The computer has assigned all the pairings- check out the bracket below to see who your first opponent is. Good Luck to Everyone and have fun! :banana:

Also, a little housecleaning. I neglected to add Boboset's trimmed book bonus, :boo: so the rankings were affected by bumping him up to #40 at 12-3.

The Rules are the same as the play-in games.

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Sunday at 10:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Bracket64.jpg

Divad- Pack your bags and some warm clothes. Your team is heading East! :whee:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Damn you Tom, damn you . . . :insane:lol

I'll have to be honest with you, though - can't read a thing on the bracket. If I increase the size, it degrades.

There are also several formidable new teams rounding out the top eight in Etanick, Jeffro, and Point Five.

:foryou:

Heck, don't know why I didn't join in the last two times! I guess, not being a sports fan, I didn't quite get the scoring and it made the contest seem more complicated than it was. But totally on board now (well, for as long as I last anyway).

Thanks again for doing this. (thumbs u