• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punch Comics 12 - Anyone ever see one ?
4 4

102 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:51 PM, october said:

Not with all of that tape on the spine and back cover. :(

Yep.  Very strong price.  Seems like the "buy in" just keeps going up and up on Punch 12.   The Ebay copy that sold for $9300 (allegedly) looks like it has weak paper and a nasty 3 inch or so spine split in addition to that long taped tear.  Maybe a 1.8/2? 

On 1/9/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tbone911t said:

Agreed. You have a book of this value. Why not grade it before selling? Always a red flag IMO

And a quick look at the seller's other offerings includes this dubious description: 

Action Comics 245 - This issue is in NM Condition with the exception of the missing last 3(6) pages.

:facepalm:

8 hours ago, PopKulture said:

And a quick look at the seller's other offerings includes this dubious description: 

Action Comics 245 - This issue is in NM Condition with the exception of the missing last 3(6) pages.

That is common with Ebay a very trusted bidding sight lol

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I have a whole collection of NM books (with the exception of the defects). lol 

11 hours ago, Hudson said:

I have a whole collection of NM books (with the exception of the defects). lol 

Isn't THAT the truth of it!!  :cloud9:

You have to wonder if some sellers write things like that in their descriptions just to see if anyone's paying attention.  (shrug)

7 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Isn't THAT the truth of it!!  :cloud9:

You have to wonder if some sellers write things like that in their descriptions just to see if anyone's paying attention.  (shrug)

It's called creative sales pitching :smile:

On 1/15/2019 at 9:18 PM, Tsp99 said:

Yep.  Very strong price.  Seems like the "buy in" just keeps going up and up on Punch 12.   The Ebay copy that sold for $9300 (allegedly) looks like it has weak paper and a nasty 3 inch or so spine split in addition to that long taped tear.  Maybe a 1.8/2? 

The paper looks Slightly Brittle at best. But even with all those flaws, it has decent eye-appeal. Even if it turned out to have minor color touch, it wouldn't effect desirability much in the < 2.0 grades.  Still the price seems a bit steep, as I agree, this book is a 2.0 tops. 

Heritage sold an overgraded CGC 1.5 for $3600 in November. The book looked no better than 1.0, and had compromised eye-appeal with multiple pieces out of the front cover. Since the cover is the only reason this book sells for such high sums, one could argue that this raw copy is at least twice as visually appealing as the 1.5, so maybe paying 9.3K wasn't too crazy.  

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I heard the Cgc 5.0 nic cage copy was going to be available this year :blush:

Hi Rick

What do you think it may go for and any idea which auction house (assuming it will be for auction)?

I am just wondering if I can recover in time to bid from selling a kidney and/or if I need to throw in a lung to have enough cheddar be a player.