• Announcements

• dena

Try the new CGC Journals!   03/22/2017

CGC has launched a new and improved CGC Journals! Available on CGCcomics.com, the new CGC Journals improves upon the popular platform to write blogs and discuss them with other members. The new CGC Journals has an improved design that makes it significantly easier to post and read journals from any device, including smartphones and tablets. Adding images has been made much simpler, and the CGC Journals now give users the ability to create polls and "like" other entries. A popular feature of the old CGC Journals was the ability to open an entry to comments from other users. This feature has been retained and enhanced — users can now comment on the same page as the original Journal entry, creating a seamless experience. Best of all, the same login can be used to post Journals, make comments and access the other features of the CGC website. Old CGC Journals entries will be migrated to the new CGC Journals soon. In the meantime, users can make posts to the new CGC Journals. To get started, create a Journal and make an entry. Unlike the old NGC Journals, you create a single Journal and then add new entries to it. Your Journal can be customized with a cover photo, and you can choose to make it available to all users or only to the users that you select. You can also choose to receive notifications whenever people comment on one of your entries. Scroll below for helpful tips on using the new CGC Journals or go to the new CGC Journals now >   Instructions / Tips To get started, you must first create your Journal and then you can add entries to that Journal. Choose Journals from the Browse menu if you are not already on the Journals page

Click Create a Journal

Name your journal, add a description, add a photo, and choose if you want all users to see your journal or if you would like it available to a specific audience only. Click Continue to move on to the next step where you can add you first entry!  

Click Add Journal Entry to add a post to your journal

Commenting on another user's Journal is easy. After selecting a journal to read, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the field where you may enter your comments and see the comments others have posted.
    • Brittany M.

CCS - Updated Turn Times!   03/28/2017

CCS has updated its turn times! Here is where CCS is operating for each tier of service:   Quick-Press: 6 weeks (30 Business Days) Regular Press: 8-9 weeks (40-45 Business Days) Fast-Track Press: 4-6 weeks (20-30 Business Days) Standard: 3-4 weeks (15-20 Business Days) Express: 3 weeks (15 Business Days) Walk-thru: 2-3 weeks (10-15 Business Days) Screening: 5-6 weeks (25-30 Business Days)    

The Walking Dead #1 Club
11 11

1,679 posts in this topic

With all the hype surrounding the series and prices for the #1 issue seem to be on the up and up, I really think this book deserves its own thread to join the Spawn #1, Hulk 181, TMNT #1, AF #15 and other threads which recognize some seriously major books in their respective ages!

As of 3/15/2010 there are a total of 437 Walking Dead #1's graded.

368 Universal

9 Qualified

60 Signature Series

Lowest graded is 7.0 (1), and highest graded is 9.9 (4)

There are 168 9.8's and 140 9.6's

And just so it's clear, the book doesn't have to be graded for you to be in the club! You just have to own a copy of the 1st issue :)

Let's see yours!

Here's mine :)

walkingdead1cgcss-2.jpg

Edited by oneasian

here is mine

cat98.JPG

Edited by magZ

I don't have any pets to take pics of with my WD #1 :( That's cute.

I will get a pic up tonight though.

1215091616-1.jpg

mine, 9.6/9.8 -- bought for $30

30 $ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

i'll give you 3x time :D

30 $ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

i'll give you 3x time :D

of course, when i bought it, #2 was about $15. wish i had bought more copies back then. shoot.

I'm not going to comment on what I paid for mine lol

Both of my copies:

WD #1 cgc 9.8 white label

WD #1 raw 9.0-9.2 black label

007-6-1.jpg

your #1 is also white , exactly what i'm looking for :D

i got into walking dead when issue #1 was selling for about 100 $ and i wish i got more than one back then :x

i need to get cases like those , where did you purchase them ?

Got those cases on ebay, awhile back. My husband actually picked them out and just said "buy those!". Just search for top loading cases, you should be able to find them that way. Pay attention though - there are different sizes. I only use them on any raw books I have valued at $50 or more, of which I don't have many lol

i need to get cases like those, where did you purchase them ?

i had a moment...i thought you were talking about the cgc cases..lol

that's what i wanted them for I have a few raws i wanted to put them in , thanks a lot i'll check the bay :D

hehehe i realised that after i posted the msg but then i was like i'm sure everyone here is smart enough to figure out i was talking about those raw cases and not the cgc . when i was in Montreal i asked my local comic store for better cases like the card ones for comics but they said they didn;t have any . but where i am now they dont even have a comic store so i have my brother buying me stuff every week in montreal and i do the rest online .

Thank god for the Internet :D

i need to get cases like those, where did you purchase them ?

i had a moment...i thought you were talking about the cgc cases..lol

I'm not gonna lie - it took me about 2 seconds to figure it out too, and it was my own case he was asking about doh!

WalkingDeads.jpg

Damn Gav!! I didn't know you had 2 9.8s, wow. Sweet.

I cheated, although I've had three copies in hand lately I had to send two of them on to other boardies :cry:

I just took that photo as I thought it would be the only time I'd ever have two 9.8s in hand :shy:

damn i want one of those !!!!!

damn i want one of those !!!!!

I cheated, although I've had three copies in hand lately I had to send two of them on to other boardies :cry:

I just took that photo as I thought it would be the only time I'd ever have two 9.8s in hand :shy:

lol I would have taken a pic like that too.