• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Toronto Comic Con

49 posts in this topic

My cousin Marco and I will be there on Friday when it opens...

This pic was us at the Toronto Winter ComiCon... we just set up a make shift booth and brought our bin books and slabs that we don't mind parting with.

I'm on the right.....

WinterTorontoComicon2010001.jpg

Your booth was one of the few that actually had a name on it. Most set-ups were without any sort of vendor identification. It struck me as a lost opportunity for any vendor that wanted establish a more lasting relationship with customers.

I will be there, most likley all 3 days. Will post a pic later. There is a get-together at my place after the con on the 27th (Saturday) also.

Bruno_s4: It didn't click with me at the time-- but I bought a book from you at the last convention. Was only looking for Spidey promo books that day (so wasn't a big purchase) but you did hook me up with a Spidey & His Amazing Friends #1 which I am still enjoying. I thought you had the best booth at the last convention too. (Was the only one I made a purchase from, in fact. Turns out promo books aren't all that common or else aren't well loved enough to be bringing along.)

Whisp had a pic of me at Andy's booth from last November's con, but the pics have disappeared from the thread.

So here's a pic from a few weeks ago that wasn't taken at a con:

25328_1399530827821_1218792452_1174.jpg

lol The beer is as big as your head!

Whisp had a pic of me at Andy's booth from last November's con, but the pics have disappeared from the thread.

That's normal in Canada.

:baiting:

That's normal in Canada.

Thats a small up here.

Everything is bigger in Canada

This pic was us at the Toronto Winter ComiCon... we just set up a make shift booth and brought our bin books and slabs that we don't mind parting with.

I'm on the right.....

Sweet books (worship)

nice stuff!

That's normal in Canada.

Thats a small up here.

Everything is bigger in Canada

There's a reason for the big glass. Canadians have a custom: we like to stick our whole face into the glass and swirl the beer around 'til our faces are dripping wet. We call it a "beer wash". It moisturizes and protects our skin against those harsh winter winds.

I'm on the right.....

Sweet books (worship)

nice stuff!

Thanks guys (and gals)!

I am impressed that you drank that much and didn't dribble any down the front of your shirt.

Canadians can handle their liquor unlike some people

No dout abut it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpuAaFBi-I&feature=player_embedded

That's awesome!

lol I guess it's that or hang out in the igloo. No wonder Roy tries to go to so many conventions.

(thumbs u

Need to keep moving to keep my arse warm.

Is this Con worth it for me to make the drive up?

It might be. It's going to be deeper in vintage back issues compared to the Fan Expo since there are some US dealers coming up (on top of the Canadian dealers).

I am impressed that you drank that much and didn't dribble any down the front of your shirt.

Canadians can handle their liquor unlike some people

No dout abut it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItpuAaFBi-I&feature=player_embedded

That's awesome!

Don't forget about part 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGkW3sBTi2c&feature=player_embedded

How do you show the video itself within the post?