• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #74

30 posts in this topic

A slabbed 2.0 just sold for $1200 on ebay - so 3k seems a bit ambitious - but you never know.

That one had brittle pages and sold a few months ago in a Comiclink auction for about $760 (which was a decent price). Think I sold my 2.5 3 years+ ago for something like $1,500-$1,700.

A slabbed 2.0 just sold for $1200 on ebay - so 3k seems a bit ambitious - but you never know.

That one had brittle pages and sold a few months ago in a Comiclink auction for about $760 (which was a decent price). Think I sold my 2.5 3 years+ ago for something like $1,500-$1,700.

Ah, brittle pages - I didn't see that. IIRC, your 2.5 was a bit harshly graded.

i wouldn't be surprised if Cap #74 did climb a bit in value, as 15 years ago it was $1k book in GD (slipping a bit in the late nineties), back when you could still pick up other later Caps in that grade for around $100. Those would have been a better investment at current relative values.

Actually looking back I was disappointed when it came back from CGC but while the book was in one piece the spine was "broken" pretty good with some pretty heavy creases/tears. I agree this book will rise again in value, maybe if we see an ultra high grade copy surface [Does Verzyl own a Church smoker, that would be something]. The fact that the highest grade is a 7.5 doesn't help its overall value but man do I love this book. :cloud9:

WT74.jpg

CA74.jpg

Seeing it again - the spine tears do keep the grade down, but a decent looking copy for the grade.

Even though this bok is nowhere near as scarce as once believed, I wonder how many copies are still out there. Given that the sales numbers had to be low by this point, I'd think it still has to be less common than most isssues in the run ( though Caps, like Batman books from the GA - seem generally more available than most books from the era).

I've seen quite a few copies over the last 5-7 years but maybe less than 100 still exist? In today's day and age where boxes of books are stored away for decades its still cool every time I see a new one pop up.
Peter, you are our resident "Cap 74" expert :)