• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

Just saw the thread, I picked this guy up at an estate sale this summer. Sale opened at 9, they were handing out numbers around 7:30, so I got there at 5am, thinking I'd be first in line. Arrived only to find one guy ahead of me. Luckily he was super nice, didn't know much about comics, and was willing to let me have first shot at what I wanted. Picked this one up for a song along with a ToS 52. Haven't gotten around to slabbing them, maybe some day. Not perfect copies, but a great deal for the price.

Photo Aug 26, 8 20 54 PM.jpg

Would you rather own midgrade copies Avengers 1 & 4 or a copy of XM 1 in similar grade? With the run up on XM1, I think price wise the value is about the same.

I just sold some books (a rarity) and am struggling to decide.  My heart says Avengers but from an investment choice I'm not sure...

17 hours ago, piper said:

Would you rather own midgrade copies Avengers 1 & 4 or a copy of XM 1 in similar grade? With the run up on XM1, I think price wise the value is about the same.

I just sold some books (a rarity) and am struggling to decide.  My heart says Avengers but from an investment choice I'm not sure...

i say follow your heart! for me xmen 1 has always had a special place in mine, but its hard to find good looking mid grade copies compared to avengers 1, mostly because the white cover stains so easily. avengers1 def still much cheaper in 5.0 than xmen1 too, so thats a plus.

On 11/22/2018 at 4:02 AM, piper said:

I would take the Avengers books. Always follow your heart!