• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

On Page 3, yikes!

Here are my contributions, but an interesting part is that Avengers #1 is the Pence UK Version and then as I told my other friends; my Avengers #4 is serial #'d ending in 4, it is issue 4, and the grade is a 4.0 - total 3/3 Ebay 1/1 (shrug)

Avengers #1 - UK Pence Version 3.5 CR to OW

Avengers1UK35CRtoOW_zpse931d0e1.jpg

Avengers #4 - 4.0 CR to OW

Avengers440CRtoOW_zpscff256a2.jpg

What makes this really cool is that they are sequentially serial numbered! I submitted both of them at the same time, so this can happen. Just something cool for me perhaps :banana:

Thanks for the look,

R_H

On Page 3, yikes!

Here are my contributions, but an interesting part is that Avengers #1 is the Pence UK Version and then as I told my other friends; my Avengers #4 is serial #'d ending in 4, it is issue 4, and the grade is a 4.0 - total 3/3 Ebay 1/1 (shrug)

Avengers #1 - UK Pence Version 3.5 CR to OW

Avengers1UK35CRtoOW_zpse931d0e1.jpg

Avengers #4 - 4.0 CR to OW

Avengers440CRtoOW_zpscff256a2.jpg

What makes this really cool is that they are sequentially serial numbered! I submitted both of them at the same time, so this can happen. Just something cool for me perhaps :banana:

Thanks for the look,

R_H

And it came out in 64. :)

Nice low grade copy! I have a question....maybe you know since you enjoy SS comics. Does Stan Lee have a trademark on that extra fat marker that he uses for all these SS covers? Always seems to whip out the fat boy to scribe his name. When I do see SS comics with a thinner lined writing marker it always seems more appearing to me. If you did bring a thin marker and asked Stan to sign with it? Would he? hm

I actually did bring markers for him to sign with

sharpie-metallic-group-1.jpg

His body guard/helper guy ripped my books out of my hands as I was trying to hand everything over to Stan directly (since I had an ASM 1, Iron Man 1 and this book) and he scrawled his sig over my books with his fat sharpie. I was pretty upset about it actually.

I actually did bring markers for him to sign with

sharpie-metallic-group-1.jpg

His body guard/helper guy ripped my books out of my hands as I was trying to hand everything over to Stan directly (since I had an ASM 1, Iron Man 1 and this book) and he scrawled his sig over my books with his fat sharpie. I was pretty upset about it actually.

I have not really seen a thin line Stan Lee sig since the 70s if one gets listed somewhere so I can see it. Stan did not always use the Fat boy to scrawl his name. His name used to be much cleaner. I was wondering if you could ask for a different marker....and your living proof.....You can't. :facepalm:

He should do ads for the fat boy marker. :sick: