• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,089 posts in this topic

finally own both books to post in here

Avengers01_zps53f74c06.jpg

001_zpsd2594525.jpg

:golfclap:

I don't know why they bother calling a 1.0 restored for a tiny bit of glue on the spine. Just add it to the (long) list of defects allowable in the grade, basically like a stain, and let it go. There is a point where such a minor issue just doesn't matter.

It looks like a good portion of the cover's spine is split and has been reattached to the book with glue.Look closely at the top of Loki's head, that is where you can see the seperation best.If not for the glue, there would be next to *nothing* holding the cover to the book.

It's a nice book and presents well for a 1.0 but just because there wasn't a lot of glue used, and there is a chunk of other defects, does not mean that restoration should not be noted.

I've upgraded ;)

Mar30_07.jpg

You listed most of the books from your sig on ComicLink today including this AV4.

You also have an Avengers 1 9.4 that you didn't bother to add to your sig :o (also listed on ComicLink)

I've upgraded ;)

Mar30_07.jpg

You listed most of the books from your sig on ComicLink today including this AV4.

You also have an Avengers 1 9.4 that you didn't bother to add to your sig :o (also listed on ComicLink)

I think you have me confused with someone else Peter - I don't own an Avengers 1 ( but would like to ;) )

I've upgraded ;)

Mar30_07.jpg

I think you have me confused with someone else Peter - I don't own an Avengers 1 ( but would like to ;) )

Guess someone slipped the AV1 in the midst of your primo stuff ;)

The Hulk1 is fantabulous :applause: