• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers # 1 and # 4 Club
12 12

1,087 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KCOComics said:

I was watching this guy on Bob's site. Beautiful copy! 

Thanks! I totally agree, and think it presents very well for a 7.0...the colors really pop on this copy.

I'm usually not a big fan of written dates on front covers, but this one is so subtle and lines up well within the "A" that it doesn't bother me at all...

love both of these books and am really considering purchasing a nice presenting low grade copy, just curious as to potential investment opportunity on it. Other silver age keys have been exploding and I’m just wondering if Avengers 1 and 4 are due for their time as well, I’ll probably buy anyway but just wondering about this. 

10 minutes ago, Tony Moreschi said:

love both of these books and am really considering purchasing a nice presenting low grade copy, just curious as to potential investment opportunity on it. Other silver age keys have been exploding and I’m just wondering if Avengers 1 and 4 are due for their time as well, I’ll probably buy anyway but just wondering about this. 

Long term the book will be fine. It's been steadily climbing with the market, just not at the pace as some other big keys. 

I don't think it will catch it's friends in terms of value, because it has no true first appearance and it's a later release, but hey, I never saw X1 or DD1 doing this either, so who knows?  Only time will tell! 

On 4/6/2021 at 5:54 AM, Tony Moreschi said:

I just bought a low grade Avengers #4 this week myself. Personally, I think #4 is a bit undervalued. A lot of us Cap fans won't ever have the opportunity to own his FA, so IMO, A#4 is the second best option. 

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Avengers 1 seems to be pretty darn hot all of a sudden. 

I think people are pivoting from keys that have recently exploded in value to keys that haven't been as impacted by the crazy market?

That's one of the reasons I decided to pick up my Avengers #1 now...it's been on my want list forever, and prices for it seemed to be very fair relative to the price increases other keys were experiencing.

13 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I think people are pivoting from keys that have recently exploded in value to keys that haven't been as impacted by the crazy market?

That's one of the reasons I decided to pick up my Avengers #1 now...it's been on my want list forever, and prices for it seemed to be very fair relative to the price increases other keys were experiencing.

I think your 100% right. I'm not sure if this means X1 and DD1 will cool down, but AF15 has recently taken off, now we are seeing JIM83, Hulk1 and Avengers 1 showing positive momentum. 

So I think allot of guys like us are looking at X-Men and thinking "I better move on my personal grail before it takes off like X1 and I can't afford it". 

It's kind of discouraging honestly lol. I was hoping to upgrade a number of my keys this year, but boy is that looking expensive right now.