• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,217 posts in this topic

I'm such a know it all...I answered my own question George Perez had drawn both of these characters, Red Sonja in 1980 and Topaz in 1986. 

redsonja2.JPG.2da707d50a1e86f2ee3bc094b968c952.JPG

RED SONJA (1980), art by George Pérez, colored by Steve Oliff, from Percy's ART

11 hours ago, tv horror said:

I'm such a know it all...I answered my own question George Perez had drawn both of these characters, Red Sonja in 1980 and Topaz in 1986. 

Nice piece of art?‼️?

22 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yes, and the Topaz issue above of 1986 is actually a reprint of his work in 1978 in "The Oracle" mag!

48 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Some really nice copies of Tales of Voodoo:

I think my brain just burst they are just so beautiful, I have to compliment you on having such great taste I'm so envious.(worship) Some of those covers could give you nightmares I love it!<3 On most sites I've been on it is always the Warren magazines that get the praise but in my opinion these are far better. You do know you're a fiend chevalmeow I so want to collect these now.   

13 hours ago, tv horror said:

I think my brain just burst they are just so beautiful, I have to compliment you on having such great taste I'm so envious.(worship) Some of those covers could give you nightmares I love it!<3 On most sites I've been on it is always the Warren magazines that get the praise but in my opinion these are far better. You do know you're a fiend chevalmeow I so want to collect these now.   

Glad that you like these.  I am expanding into these horror mags as I have virtually completed the 3 main Warren titles.  Warren has great artwork and is my favorite.  It is because of Warren that I collect sci-fi/horror titles.  The Stanley & Eerie Pub mags have a lot of great covers and reprint a lot of older horror stuff.

Happy hunting!

7 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Glad that you like these.  I am expanding into these horror mags as I have virtually completed the 3 main Warren titles.  Warren has great artwork and is my favorite.  It is because of Warren that I collect sci-fi/horror titles.  The Stanley & Eerie Pub mags have a lot of great covers and reprint a lot of older horror stuff.

Happy hunting!

Oh yeah, I already have Vampirella run completed, and only 6 issues away from Creepy to be done, and getting started on an Eerie run. Once that is done I will be digging this run for sure.