• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Starting to want a complete set of Planet of Apes.  I have a few but have not actively pursued them yet.  This Movie Monster mag is getting me going now.

71794858_MovieMonsters2.thumb.jpg.4d250c3e0547e5f2abbdef0a191742ff.jpg

This is an amazing planet of apes drawing?

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I believe # 2 only has 2 in 9.8 - this will be a long haul approach but patience is a virtue lol

For some reason I thought you had #2 in 9.8, I thought you meant 2 copies (#1 and #10) would be impossible to find. doh!

17 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Same here.  Good shows!

Didn't Emergency come out right around the time Adam 12 was running?  I recall seeing an episode of Emergency where they had to leave for a call while trying to catch Adam 12 on TV.  One of the inside jokes was the crew trying to figure what happened on the show that they were missing.  In my mind, this was one of the closest instances where we got a cross over back in the day.

If I remember right, Chips came right after that along with Starsky and Hutch. Man, watched those '70s shows like crazy back in the day.  Then again, with only 3 network channels, 2 local channels, and PBS, we didn't have a lot options back then.

Edited by Brian48

This was a really fun weekend for me at Motor City Con. All three of the Hernandez brothers (Jaime, Gilbert and Mario) of Love and Rockets fame were at the show. Little did they know that I would bring my entire collection for them to sign and sketch.  :)

A huge thank you to Dan Partouche and his crew for helping me prep and sign over 60 Love and Rockets (first and second printings), plus 1-20 of v.2, two copies each of Penny Century 1-7, L&R #1 (1981) with multiple sketches, L&R #1 (fifth printing) with sketches, multiple jam piece sketch covers and several 8 by 11 sketches. 

We started at 10:30 and just beat the 4:00 CGC deadline. Driving home I realized that I took no pictures... I will post them in the Love and Rockets thread as they come back for those who are interested.

And, of course, thank you to Jaime, Gilbert and Mario for your gracious help and trailblazing talent!

Los Bros Hernandez.jpg