• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I paid a bit of dough for mine, and let me tell you it looks like it was just printed. I would guess at least NM + 

9.6 to all the hardcore CGC guys.

2290.jpg.1a7c6dc47f53a704cc322fd29e475bce.jpg

just a beauty of a book.:cloud9:

11 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I paid a bit of dough for mine, and let me tell you it looks like it was just printed. I would guess at least NM + 

9.6 to all the hardcore CGC guys.

Bah, you got it cheap if you ask me :baiting:

national13_96.jpg

national27.jpg

national41.jpg

Edited by Makmorn

12 hours ago, wombat said:

If my memory is correct Frank's mother hated this picture and didn't let him display it. 

And Frank's wife Ellie was very religious and didn't approve of this painting at all...

Edited by The Lions Den

17 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Sweet copies...

18 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Sweet copies...

Makmorn is the freekin king of mags. (worship)

I didn't say it wasn't a good price Mak , and I love the book.

9 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

And Frank's wife Ellie was very religious and didn't approve of this painting at all...

That sounds more correct than what I said. I knew it was one or the other.   :foryou:

1 hour ago, wombat said:

That sounds more correct than what I said. I knew it was one or the other.   :foryou:

My wife and I once spent an entire morning visiting with Ellie Frazetta---she was a wonderful person. She told us she'd read the bible at least 3 times. She said there were some of Frank's paintings that she loved, but the "Alien Crucifixion" wasn't one of them. She wouldn't allow him to hang it in their house!

I always thought it was pretty awesome...

Edited by The Lions Den

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

My wife and I once spent an entire morning visiting with Ellie Frazetta---she was a wonderful person. She told us she'd read the bible at least 3 times. She said there were some of Frank's paintings that she loved, but the "Alien Crucifixion" wasn't one of them. She wouldn't allow him to hang it in their house!

I always thought it was pretty awesome...

That's amazing. I was very happy to get some time with Frank Jr. and his wife at the museum last year. That's where I heard that story. 

12 minutes ago, wombat said:

That was my first visit and it was amazing. Planning another trip soon. Lori was nice and shared so much information with us. 

That's great to hear! I'm glad they're carrying on the proud legacy. 

Thanks for the update. :bigsmile: