• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, wombat said:

That reminds me. I took a bunch of pictures and don't think I ever shared them. Here is me with Frank Jr. and Lori. 

IMG_2987 (2).jpg

That brings back some memories, man...nice to see both versions of "Cat Girl" in the background...(worship)

1 hour ago, wombat said:

That reminds me. I took a bunch of pictures and don't think I ever shared them. Here is me with Frank Jr. and Lori. 

IMG_2987 (2).jpg

You lucky dog!  I never had a full appreciation of Frank's art until I saw pieces in person.  A totally different experience as you know from a print, photo, etc.  Man did he build paint up thick sometimes.  Great stuff!

21 hours ago, wombat said:

IMG_2987 (2).jpg

Wow! I can't believe you were in the presence of greatness near all those paintings.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I don't think I have ever not liked every Creepy cover in the run, just an incredible run to collect in my opinion. 

Have to agree except I have not seen all of them so it is nice to see new ones

an the are all so well done‼️‼️?

50 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:
52 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I don't think I have ever not liked every Creepy cover in the run, just an incredible run to collect in my opinion. 

Have to agree except I have not seen all of them so it is nice to see new ones

an the are all so well done‼️‼️?

I was never a fan of these two covers, but I'm not a huge sports guy either.

84a2.jpg  93a1.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 8:49 PM, Stevemmg said:

You lucky dog!  I never had a full appreciation of Frank's art until I saw pieces in person.  A totally different experience as you know from a print, photo, etc.  Man did he build paint up thick sometimes.  Great stuff!

No kidding! The layers of paint on the tree branch over the girls head in the new Cat Girl painting are so thick, I'm sure they are still wet!

On 9/1/2018 at 8:29 PM, oakman29 said:

Then go to my Creepy Journal, the whole run is there.:whistle:

Sometime it better to have things I like slowly revealed to me so I appreciate them more

an don’t have sensory overload lol ‼️‼️?

On 9/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, DeadOne said:

I was never a fan of these two covers, but I'm not a huge sports guy either.

84a2.jpg  93a1.jpg

I have seen the baseball/hand grenade cover many times‼️? not so much the football cover⁉️⁉️?

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, Stevemmg said:

Great haul!  Get these at a show, a shop or the web?  If you decide you want to part with that #19, I'd pay handsomely for it.  That #6 is really tough without stacking wear, yours looks fantastic!

Tough black covers...nice!

I picked up these FM's and the 67 is decades older than the 71 (don't ask). I already had a copy of 67 that I had picked up decades ago from Mile High Comics using their trade system. Anyway, this #67 I snagged on ebay for $5 and it is wonderful. At least an 8.5 if not a 9.0. I may flip my older copy when I compare them. The 71 should be a fun read. Great covers, with 67 by Vic Prezio and 71 by Joe Jusko.

afm67.jpg

afm71.jpg