• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

The most mainstream answer for this is probably Vampirella #1. It's the issue that most non magazine format comic collectors seem to gravitate towards. It having a Frazetta cover helps immensely. 

I thought that or Savage Tales

I can't argue with any of the suggestions so far, other than to note I think the 1st Rocket is probably more in demand than the 1st Starlord.

I think Pussycat and Shock Illustrated 3 are probably the grail magazines for a lot of collectors.

I wouldn't count it as such, but I think an argument could be made the first few issues of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are closer to comic magazines than standard comics.  And if you feel they're magazines the first issue would be super high on the list.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, Xenosmilus said:

What do you all think is the most sought after comic mag?

This is an interesting question, because "sought after" implies that the book may be hard to find. If you go by that, I'd have to agree that the EC Shock Illustrated #3 is a tough one, since allegedly there were only a couple of hundred copies of that book that actually made it out to the general public. Also, Blazing Combat #1 is on that list as well---very hard to find a nice copy of that book. But if we go by sheer desirability, Vampirella #1 tops my list...

On 5/14/2019 at 2:02 PM, Xenosmilus said:

What do you all think is the most sought after comic mag?

I have a CGC 8.0 Vampi #1 and now a CGC 9.0 Savage Tales #1 so I’d agree those two are probably the top 2 drivers right now based on their steady rise in prices. Glad I bought copies on both before they get really difficult in pricing. As stated there are any number of other hard to find mags that are pretty sought after. Try finding nice copies of Eerie Tales #1 or Weird Mysteries #1. Famous Monsters #1 is still up there in price along with Mad #24 too. 

For me the most “sought after” has been the same from day 1. A first printing of the Eerie #1 ash can.

Hhmmm, think I’ll post a new updated “hit list” thread in the near future of the costly and scarce magazines I’m after. A lot of the above are on my list and I’ve made some progress of filling and expanding my list. 

I believe that someday a number of the classic covers we see and take for granted in the magazine field today are going to see some super gains. 

Magazine collecting is still flying slightly under the radar with prices vs it’s cousin the comic book but I don’t expect that to last forever based on some pricing on certain issues I’ve seen in the last few years.

19 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I have a CGC 8.0 Vampi #1 and now a CGC 9.0 Savage Tales #1 so I’d agree those two are probably the top 2 drivers right now based on their steady rise in prices. Glad I bought copies on both before they get really difficult in pricing. As stated there are any number of other hard to find mags that are pretty sought after. Try finding nice copies of Eerie Tales #1 or Weird Mysteries #1. Famous Monsters #1 is still up there in price along with Mad #24 too. 

For me the most “sought after” has been the same from day 1. A first printing of the Eerie #1 ash can.

Hhmmm, think I’ll post a new updated “hit list” thread in the near future of the costly and scarce magazines I’m after. A lot of the above are on my list and I’ve made some progress of filling and expanding my list. 

I believe that someday a number of the classic covers we see and take for granted in the magazine field today are going to see some super gains. 

Magazine collecting is still flying slightly under the radar with prices vs it’s cousin the comic book but I don’t expect that to last forever based on some pricing on certain issues I’ve seen in the last few years.

I need “readers”... I can’t read responses anymore lol uses larger font:preach:

Edited by Xenosmilus

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Vampi 1 prices seem to be going through the roof. 

10 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I need “readers”... I can’t read responses anymore lol uses larger font:preach:

Ok, so it looks like when I was using my mobile browser it was stuck at size 12 font but when I switched back to a desktop browser it unlocked the larger fonts. Weird.

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Are Vampi prices going up or not?🧐I wonder 🥴🥴😳

Well you’ve got 4 days still to beat the current $5700.00 price on this copy.

9822C3EA-E8D6-494A-8232-2EC87194BF3B.thumb.jpeg.e46cee8db5589f1e725553a6ddd535fb.jpeg

Besides Vampi #1 prices would it be fair to say that Vampi #3 and #7 will also continue to increase faster than the surrounding issues? Lots of great covers but those 2 seem to get a lot of attention.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

I'm seeing raw beat to hell copies of Vampi 1 go for $200. Its crazy. 

I know, my CGC 8.0 was just under $400.00 on Comic link about 4 years ago and mycomicshop has another CGC 8.0 listed currently for $1000.00...:whatthe:

Edited by N e r V