• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2019 at 12:43 AM, The Lions Den said:

This is an interesting question, because "sought after" implies that the book may be hard to find. If you go by that, I'd have to agree that the EC Shock Illustrated #3 is a tough one, since allegedly there were only a couple of hundred copies of that book that actually made it out to the general public. Also, Blazing Combat #1 is on that list as well---very hard to find a nice copy of that book. But if we go by sheer desirability, Vampirella #1 tops my list...

I have three of the BLAZING COMBAT magazines, including # 1.  All un-slabbed that I've owned for many years as reading copies.  They're all in reasonably good condition though I've no interest (or expertise) in wanting to attempt any specific grades.  These are not essential to what I collect, so am open to selling.  Not entirely sure what the best sub-forum is for selling as I mostly frequent the Original Artwork page.  Any help or advice in pointing me in the right direction, together with ball-park figures regarding possible price-ranges, would be appreciated, thanks.  I live in the UK.  Apologies if I'm breaking any rules by posting on this thread.  I can always delete this post if advised to do so

Some scans of the cover, back cover and centre pages of the BC #1:

BC 1 a.jpg

BC 1 b.jpg

BC 1 c.jpg

31 minutes ago, The Voord said:

I have three of the BLAZING COMBAT magazines, including # 1.  All un-slabbed that I've owned for many years as reading copies.  They're all in reasonably good condition though I've no interest (or expertise) in wanting to attempt any specific grades.  These are not essential to what I collect, so am open to selling.  Not entirely sure what the best sub-forum is for selling as I mostly frequent the Original Artwork page.  Any help or advice in pointing me in the right direction, together with ball-park figures regarding possible price-ranges, would be appreciated, thanks.  I live in the UK.  Apologies if I'm breaking any rules by posting on this thread.  I can always delete this post if advised to do so

We do have a thread in this forum (magazine) where you can list things for sale. Of course there is the larger sales forum where you can list as well and many people put some nice magazines up. For pricing I would suggest either checking Ebay sold listings or GPA. I don't think you will have a problem selling any of the Blazing Combats here on the board with market prices. 

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

BC 1 a.jpg

BC 1 b.jpg

BC 1 c.jpg

Looks like you're at the lower end of VG with this one...my best guess is about 3.5. Nice solid looking reader!  

Edited by The Lions Den

30 minutes ago, N e r V said:

1B759DA2-429D-40C7-BA19-AF378D0FD12D.jpeg.aa42b854cdb9c00486ee80784e6d7573.jpeg

Cost me less than 5 million and has her original face and not the updated one.

Pretty much my favorite Warren cover I believe.

Beauty grade too! I'm still looking for a nice one.

Question for you Warren collectors out there.

Eerie #23 gets the CGC nod as having classic cover listed on its label and Creepy #15 I know also has it noted. Any other Warren books carry the classic cover note on their label?

IMO, Vampi #7 should be a contender but for now it’s not.

I think I remember Eerie #23 and Vampi #7 from their posters that Warren offered.

Its interesting now that I look at it on some of their choices for posters and others left out.

F9A2AD0C-F809-4417-BB8D-097782797AF8.thumb.jpeg.91d7ac41c522b7138ecfb45b3f93aac3.jpeg

Not sure how complete this is though without looking for more ads on their poster selection.

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

Question for you Warren collectors out there.

Eerie #23 gets the CGC nod as having classic cover listed on its label and Creepy #15 I know also has it noted. Any other Warren books carry the classic cover note on their label?

IMO, Vampi #7 should be a contender but for now it’s not.

In my opinion all the Frazetta, and Sanjulian covers should be noted as such.

Creepy 32 should be noted, but not.

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

In my opinion all the Frazetta, and Sanjulian covers should be noted as such.

Creepy 32 should be noted, but not.

Totally agree with you on this, I am not a Warren collector, but I would love a HG copy of this book for the cover alone.