• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

Fresh in today.  The last issue I needed for the run of 1-20 of the Hulk Comic run from the UK; which covers most of the new material other than Black Knight.  There are a couple stray new Hulk and Ant-Man stories in later issues, but this gives me the complete run on Nick Fury (by Steve Moore & Steve Dillon, RIP both of them), and Night Raven by Parkhouse, Lloyd, and Bolton.  Some fun stuff, rarely seen in the US.

Hulk_Comic_02.jpg

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Fresh in today.  The last issue I needed for the run of 1-20 of the Hulk Comic run from the UK; which covers most of the new material other than Black Knight.  There are a couple stray new Hulk and Ant-Man stories in later issues, but this gives me the complete run on Nick Fury (by Steve Moore & Steve Dillon, RIP both of them), and Night Raven by Parkhouse, Lloyd, and Bolton.  Some fun stuff, rarely seen in the US.

Hulk_Comic_02.jpg

Pretty good art on Fury in there for a 16 year old Dillon.

2FB0BF00-E475-42EA-9BEE-A3041C53EB8F.thumb.jpeg.ec5c89564b8ebfa80cd83bd5331d707a.jpeg

Also I do not believe I ever saw the cause of death for Steve Moore. Both died very young by today’s standards.

I am not sure how I should feel about this book from last week's Niagara Falls CC. I am a big Jim Starlin fan and it was so great to meet and interact with him throughout the weekend. I brought this Epic Illustrated #3 for him to sign and the signature went a bit awry. He did a small sketch in the area and resigned the cover, but the first attempt is still somewhat visible. Still, this might have been Jim's only sketch (unplanned) of the weekend. I do love this cover though.

Epic 3 Starlin.jpg

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

I am not sure how I should feel about this book from last week's Niagara Falls CC. I am a big Jim Starlin fan and it was so great to meet and interact with him throughout the weekend. I brought this Epic Illustrated #3 for him to sign and the signature went a bit awry. He did a small sketch in the area and resigned the cover, but the first attempt is still somewhat visible. Still, this might have been Jim's only sketch (unplanned) of the weekend. I do love this cover though.

Epic 3 Starlin.jpg

If you didn't get it signature series'd, then all that really matters is if you like it.  You got a story and a memory out of it, and that's all I really want from my signed books.  I love the handful of "mini-sketched" books I've gotten over the years; they're nothing compared to full scale commission pieces but they always feel like the artist or writer is going out of there way to thank me for being a fan and I treasure them.

Here's a similar sketch I got from Matt Wagner on the last issue of Mage earlier this year:

Mage_sketch.jpg

7 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

If you didn't get it signature series'd, then all that really matters is if you like it.  You got a story and a memory out of it, and that's all I really want from my signed books.  I love the handful of "mini-sketched" books I've gotten over the years; they're nothing compared to full scale commission pieces but they always feel like the artist or writer is going out of there way to thank me for being a fan and I treasure them.

Here's a similar sketch I got from Matt Wagner on the last issue of Mage earlier this year:

Mage_sketch.jpg

Yes, this was witnessed for CGC.

1 minute ago, Ron C. said:

Yes, this was witnessed for CGC.

In that case, everything I said is still true until you try to sell it.  I suspect it could actually limit the number of people who want to buy that particular copy... but some of those might be willing to pay more for it.  No way to know until it comes up.

18 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

In that case, everything I said is still true until you try to sell it.  I suspect it could actually limit the number of people who want to buy that particular copy... but some of those might be willing to pay more for it.  No way to know until it comes up.

I am not the sort of person who flips books for sale.... and I do love covers with fun stories. I just wanted to see other reactions to a signature gone....different.

Just now, oakman29 said:

I have actually been using mine as a checklist to complete every book Warren has ever made. Even the Heidi Seha book I must get.

I got several packages yesterday and I believe this should be among them. 

Kind of a checklist along with info on stuff. I have a number of various magazines too with interviews with James Warren and Archie Goodwin,etc to cross reference information.