• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Here is my haul from the @Stevemmg Creepy thread a couple weeks ago.

creepy45raw8.5F.jpg

creepy57raw8.0F.jpg

creepy59raw9.0F.jpg

creepy60raw8.5F.jpg

creepy81raw8.0F.jpg

creepy90raw8.0F.jpg

Clearly beautiful books, even better than Steve makes them out to be.

It took me forever to find a #45 that looks as good as yours . They are tough with that red border.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:30 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

Steve's books really are something to behold in hand. The colors just launch off the cover at you.

What flips me out is I think these are Steve's undercopies . What could his personal collection actually look like. I shudder to think.

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:

What flips me out is I think these are Steve's undercopies . What could his personal collection actually look like. I shudder to think.

They are his under copies.  I wasn't joking about his 6th, 7th, and 8th undercopies.  Although, I think there are certain issues that board members raided (think Eerie 23 and Vampirella 1)!  :insane:

There are certain flaws that CGC doesn't consider when they grade that are deal breakers for him.  And aside from books that have already been graded, none of them have been restored, smashed, or otherwise played with.  Still, believe it or not, after having bought thousands of magazines, there are some issues that he's still looking to upgrade.  That's how hard certain Warrens are to find in very high grade (I'm looking at you, Eerie 50).  :gossip:

7 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

They are his under copies.  I wasn't joking about his 6th, 7th, and 8th undercopies.  Although, I think there are certain issues that board members raided (think Eerie 23 and Vampirella 1)!  :insane:

There are certain flaws that CGC doesn't consider when they grade that are deal breakers for him.  And aside from books that have already been graded, none of them have been restored, smashed, or otherwise played with.  Still, believe it or not, after having bought thousands of magazines, there are some issues that he's still looking to upgrade.  That's how hard certain Warrens are to find in very high grade (I'm looking at you, Eerie 50).  :gossip:

Eerie #50? Not really a fan of that cover but I remember this copy getting little interest at auction for $30.00 just 2 years ago...

52D6AB72-F3AE-4E65-93B7-0C94A8C30F02.thumb.jpeg.d2ef4c36874399f2a0c6e945cbba7ecb.jpeg

I’m still of the opinion that magazine slabbing is easily 10-15 years behind its cousin the comic book. I think certain keys are probably less far behind but most magazines still exist with raw copies out there capable of becoming the next “highest graded” or among the top tiers. I just don’t believe that slabbing or pressing has taken off with magazines remotely like it has in comics.