• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

I love this book, one of the best covers ever IMO, where did you get it?

Surprisingly, it came from eBay.  (thumbsu

As a buddy of mine says: “the eBay gods giveth and the eBay gods taketh away.”  This time they were feeling generous.

1 hour ago, Taylor G said:

And yes, I am regretting what I left behind because I had to show "restraint".....

Man, truer words were never spoken.  This is the great overarching lesson of my 40 years collecting!  If I listed out all the books that I held off from, thinking “nah, I’ll wait for a better copy at a better price”, only to watch those same books runaway and become unattainable in price, I’d end up in a fetal position, whimpering “must find a happy place” over and over and over.

The times when I stretched and stretched and somehow found a way to make it barely work, those are the books that I’m most glad to own and have absolutely no regrets about.

Still, one can’t just go crazy and put their home or marriage in jeopardy over buying comics, no matter how tempting it might be! :insane:

On 10/23/2019 at 10:34 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This is the nicest copy of this book that I've ever seen.  Very tough book in anything above VF+!

Psycho_03.jpg

Agreed, much nicer than my copy. Damn you! I was a big Skywald hunter back around 2000 and I've never seen a better.