• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

The 75 cent versions are considered the price variants, although I have no clue what the ratio would be. My copies of 1 and 2 are both 60 cent versions.  I see two of those on the census, a 6.5 and a 7.0. So with the 60 cent version you pointed out, a total of six copies topping out at 7.5. 

Edited by Stevemmg

43 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

The latest Creeps mags.  Especially love the Frazetta cover on #22 and I am partial to purples.  :smile:

Was the artwork ever published before?

1833019754_Creeps22.thumb.jpg.515ce26cc0e3adfc83a4e9bd0d46bb04.jpg

This was originally used for a cover of High Times (May have been used before but that’s the earliest I’ve seen it).  This is not my copy but grabbed from the internet.

EB58C5A0-E3C5-4B73-9E79-2B82E5D8B2C7.jpeg

8 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

This is really quite the haul, brother!  Nice grabs, all!!  :headbang:

Well, none of them are high grade, but most of them are nice enough for me.  The Vampi 36 has tape on in, but for $5 I couldn't really pass up filling in the gap.  

The 31 was the last Vampi Frazetta cover I needed.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, N e r V said:

The Bill Pearson run. #6,8,9, and #13 if I remember correctly. Issue #9 isn’t even on comics but WC Fields thanks to Phil Seuling...:eyeroll: The last issue was more about cheesecake (good girls). #6 is the only one I think was a wise choice leaving off the logo. I know a few people that leave #9 and 13 out of their runs due to weak or no connection to the format intended. 

In this week. 

The #9 is at least slightly interesting as an artifact, because it's the sort of book you would never see today.  It's clearly intended for an audience where home video simply isn't an option, and you might only have a chance to see a specific old movie every few years.  I'll keep it to fill the hole since I already have it but I don't know if I'll ever open it again after my brief perusal yesterday.  Publishing it as an issue of witzend was utterly nonsensical... it's clearly geared at people who are already fans of Fields, rather than having anything to introduce him to a witzend reader who was not already familiar with his work.

I think #13, while clearly a highly themed issue, has a fairly strong connection to the format... creators drawing what they want to draw.  If that's not what witzend is for, I don't know what it is.

As I put together my run it's easy to see why the series is at once legendary and regarded as something of a disappointment.  Every issue I've seen (other than #9) has one or more brilliant pieces... and more filler than you would expect a book with such an amazing list of creators to need on such an irregular publishing schedule.

witzend_09.jpg

witzend_12.jpg

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

Creepy #2 CGC 9.0 ended at $335.00 on Clink. Anyone here get it?

4263A479-97D9-41C6-B6C5-80D108938013.thumb.jpeg.1ee6fc9e6c750cfd7892466179d40ea9.jpeg

I held the high bid for most of the Auction.I placed a closing bid of 310.00 which was my limit,and appear to have been sniped in the last couple minutes. No big deal,as I then moved over to CGC 9.4 Eerie 2 that closed soon afterwards,and got it for 260.00, which I consider a good price.

The Creepy 2 9.0 is hard to fix a price on. It’s probably worth more than it closed for,as a book of that caliber seldom shows up for auction.I use Heritages auction results as my guide,and they’ve offered very few copies the last 20 years and no 9.0 copies ,if Im not mistaken. Surprisingly few Eerie 2 ,9.4s ,also.

39 minutes ago, eyersman said:

I held the high bid for most of the Auction.I placed a closing bid of 310.00 which was my limit,and appear to have been sniped in the last couple minutes. No big deal,as I then moved over to CGC 9.4 Eerie 2 that closed soon afterwards,and got it for 260.00, which I consider a good price.

The Creepy 2 9.0 is hard to fix a price on. It’s probably worth more than it closed for,as a book of that caliber seldom shows up for auction.I use Heritages auction results as my guide,and they’ve offered very few copies the last 20 years and no 9.0 copies ,if Im not mistaken. Surprisingly few Eerie 2 ,9.4s ,also.

A boardie sold a cgc 9.2 for $340.00 on eBay about 6 months ago which was a steal for someone. The Clink price was more in line with what #2’s are at in that grade though. Nice copy either way...

Edited by N e r V