• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I imagine the May, 1980 High Times issue is a tough one to get in decent shape?? Black cover and all ??

Took me a very long time, Foggy.  It’s one of those mags that nobody viewed as collectible so virtually no one saved them in nice shape.

21 hours ago, stippy52 said:

You’re sucked into the void now. There is no escape. :insane:

There is still hope for him unless he cracks that out and reads it. 🙂

Although it probably makes more sense for him to spend $5-10 and just get a raw reader copy.  

That book is very affordable in non-nosebleed grades, considering how cool it is.  I’ve got six, ranging from VF+ to fugly.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:16 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Took me a very long time, Foggy.  It’s one of those mags that nobody viewed as collectible so virtually no one saved them in nice shape.

I think I had this issue. But of course, I just bought it for the cover...  :whistle:

29 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

As I have mentioned before, I am a hoarder and can't help to buy books that I already own.  I got this off of feebay because it was in really great shape compared to others that I have seen.  It was also for a reasonable lower cost given this condition.

This copy is in great VF condition (I think) as it has a slight scuffing/bump and small scratch at the bottom edge of the spine and also at the top right corner of the front cover.

410987009_DraculaNCL.thumb.jpg.7b6cd6c63263d7b74928d2b6f9162a90.jpg

Finding a Dracula book 1 in nice shape is an awesome grab.

The pages tend to separate from the spine due to the glue not adhering. 

42 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

So glad I was able to grab a few skywalds From @stevemmg, but these two.... just over the moon about!!!!

i work at home nearly every day, but spend 10 hours a week checking in collections at my lcs, and today I wasn’t home, and it was raining all day. Because of his excellent packing, double boxed with bubble wrap, they arrived perfectly even though the outer box was soaked through.

17A6A011-2FD8-4CCA-BEFB-8C347A89FDE3.jpeg

Glad they made it safely!  I’ve gotten far too many damaged books over the years, so that’s lead me to the current methods. Must be thousands of comics and mags wrecked every year. Enjoy!  

On another note, went and looked at about 800 mags yesterday. Came home with about 100, 30 of which are more Skywalds. Hah!  My not having any Skywald duplicates lasted a whole two days. :facepalm:

image.thumb.jpg.a4ed532bc4261d5ab08cf5d793c94e5a.jpg

Edited by Stevemmg

45 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Glad they made it safely!  I’ve gotten far too many damaged books over the years, so that’s lead me to the current methods. Must be thousands of comics and mags wrecked every year. Enjoy!  

On another note, went and looked at about 800 mags yesterday. Came home with about 100, 30 of which are more Skywalds. Hah!  My not having any Skywald duplicates lasted a whole two days. :facepalm:

image.thumb.jpg.a4ed532bc4261d5ab08cf5d793c94e5a.jpg

S.O.S.

Same Old Steve (worship)

15 hours ago, shiverbones said:

So glad I was able to grab a few skywalds From @stevemmg, but these two.... just over the moon about!!!!

i work at home nearly every day, but spend 10 hours a week checking in collections at my lcs, and today I wasn’t home, and it was raining all day. Because of his excellent packing, double boxed with bubble wrap, they arrived perfectly even though the outer box was soaked through.

17A6A011-2FD8-4CCA-BEFB-8C347A89FDE3.jpeg

Great books.  Sorry that I missed the sale. :frown:

Not to ignite the debate on how difficult it is to determine a first print of said book but this caught my eye on Clink.

Now I ask you have you ever read a more candid and completely unreassuring listing in your life? I guess I can give them points in honesty but seriously WTF?

EERIE ASHCAN #1, 9.2 NM- - AUCTION BEGINS SOON

1965, Warren Publishing; Jack Davis cover

Starts At: $1 
Number Of Bids: 0 history.gif

RAD9A21C202024_11307.jpg

Publisher: Warren Publishing 
Page Quality: White Pages 
Auction Start Date: 2/13/2020 8:00:00 PM

ComicLink Comments:
Offered here is a sharp example of Warren's Eerie #1 "Ashcan" printing. More of a pamphlet then a comic magazine, Warren Publishing produced this 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" book quickly to earn the rights to the name for its new magazine, Eerie . Because of its cheap printing format, at least 2 unauthorized editions are known to exist. Authenticating this comic has uncertainties and we cannot say with 100% certainty if this is the actual 1st Printing. ComicLink has assigned a grade of Near Mint 9.2, and it has White Pages.

Yeah, I’ll bid a buck on it with that kind of confidence...:ohnoez:

Edited by N e r V