• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

With that level of “authentication “, why even bother. Leaves it with an equivalent value to an eBay $10 copy. 

Given the uncertainties over at Clink these days  I’m putting up all my GA keys for sale.

Just as soon as I rip off their outer cardboard covers...:nyah:

5495A059-0BB8-410D-B5BE-7B7146AD18C5.thumb.jpeg.ea5cfb8453169734ae2836bac370e9ef.jpeg

Lets see, now where did I put my counterfeit, err, Cerebus #1 originals...hm

43 minutes ago, speedcake said:

four dollars!?

That's a pretty high price tag for a book in 1978, that's for sure.  But with the very small print run (3000) and a primarily if not entirely mail order distribution, I'm not sure how meaningful the cover price actually is.  Some issues definitely had lower preorder prices than the listed price, and some didn't have a stated price at all.

The price jumped around a lot the last 5 issues.  9 was $5 (and came with a print), 10 was $3, 11 was $4, 12 was $3.50 (and only listed in the indicia, not the cover), and 13 (the last issue) was $3.

Edited by OtherEric

Also in today.  Lone Star called this a 6.0; I suppose with the crease near the spine that's not wrong.  But it's a lot better condition than you normally see this book in, and I got it cheaper than even most beater copies go for.

And now I can finally read it, so I can go ahead and read the Sunday Newspaper sequel I found in the wild a year or two ago and have that make sense.

NatLamp_Yearbook_a.jpg

NatLamp_Yearbook_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Mycomicshop definitely Undergrades their $10 and over books, the unscanned items are a crapshoot for the most part

Oh, I rely on Lone Star's undergrading whenever I order from them; and I find I get lucky far more often than not on the unscanned books as well.  I was just saying that I could see enough dings on my book this time that the 6.0 probably wasn't technically wrong... but it presents quite a bit better than a typical 6.0.

5 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Agree mycomicshoppe undergrades an metropolis comics over-grades🤔🤔

You know Foggy, you've been around here for some time.

Have you ever shown a book that you collect? I would love to see some stuff from your collection,  you seem to have good taste in books. Just curious 😃

9 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Agree mycomicshoppe undergrades an metropolis comics over-grades🤔🤔

Have you ever shown a book that you collect? I would love to see some stuff from your collection,  you seem to have good taste in books. Just curious 😃

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Thank you oak man , i really like this place an I have always bought magazines my whole life like High Times back in school LOL but I am really not big on modern technology, I don’t know how to put pictures on here an I have tried but I don’t know how to make a photo for my screen name either , so all I can do is chat👍