• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

It’s a crude medieval weapon comprised of a handle and a plate with 2 sharp spikes sticking out of it.  It was called a gimper and typically wielded by unskilled mercenaries.

No. I'm pretty sure that is a hamburger press. 

1 hour ago, chevalmeow said:

Burger press.

Got this DHOKF from 1COOL's sales thread.  I find that this issue seems a little harder to find in  nice shape.

2098073640_DeadlyHandsOfKung-Fu12.thumb.jpg.9af005b46672d5b57f221436b7cb7def.jpg

I like the date stamp.  And you have to love Neal Adams drawing James Bond on general principles.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:01 PM, chevalmeow said:

So what do you think the zombie is holding?  Looks like an old fashioned, antique iron or maybe one of those weights that are used to press hamburgers?  LOL.

Funny, as that was the first thing I noticed seeing the cover. The first thing that came to my mind was a door handle. Ripping open a door while chasing victims and forgot to let go?

1 hour ago, chevalmeow said:

Some new additions this week.  I got the 3 Creepy mags off of ebay listed as Fine.  They are indeed Fine but still nice copies to hold on to for the future.

1260751202_Creepy1.thumb.jpg.760b4cf20a2a9993e447e44e20af7d9a.jpg848155128_Creepy2.thumb.jpg.985b678f3dab85ce787e9e7580b86a3a.jpg142411285_Creepy3.thumb.jpg.889aa6dafe6ccc8572d0ea493cf10107.jpg

Helluva trifecta.

10 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:
On 3/11/2020 at 8:14 PM, manetteska said:

I guess there aren’t grader’s notes for magazines so hard to know what it was knocked down for. 

Unless the book is super high grade or the graders were in a hurry, there should be notes, regardless of what type of book it is...

No notes on my 3 mags w/ grades of 9.6, 9.2, and 9.0. Does 9.0 in a magazine count as "super high grade"?

My submission of 7 economy magazines just finished and I expect some 7's so we'll see what happens there with notes.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

No notes on my 3 mags w/ grades of 9.6, 9.2, and 9.0. Does 9.0 in a magazine count as "super high grade"?

My submission of 7 economy magazines just finished and I expect some 7's so we'll see what happens there with notes.

I could understand if there were no notes on a book graded 9.8 or above. Anything less than that should have some kind of note to inform the owner why it didn't get a 9.8 or above.

So that leads me to the conclusion the graders were too busy to put notes in. This could have happened for any number of reasons...