• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Taylor G said:

This has the uncensored version of Rich Corben's Time and Time Again:

1661798780_ScreenShot2020-04-25at7_42_07PM.thumb.png.6f2e2a1e9ff1c392bfa0caae7d1cfd8a.png

By the time the entire series was reprinted in Eerie #97, underwear had been added:

1034122797_ScreenShot2020-04-25at7_42_18PM.thumb.png.2d8100db40cb340b26a186b7ad3381f4.png

I forgot about that. Thanks. It also has The Price by Jim Starlin which I believe was the second in the series?

12 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Jealous. Shops around here have all been shut down for over a month now. I need that fix!

You have a crazy capacity and endurance for box diving.  Only @Hamlet comes close to you (of the people I know).  You guys both enter into some sort of zen trance that sustains you not just for hours, but for days, as you meticulously go through every box and examine any possible candidate for your collection or even if it just seems like a good deal.  By contrast, my ADHD kicks in pretty hard and fast.  I'm fast to assume if a store or booth has what I'm looking for or not and if they do, I'll look for specific books that I'm interested in and move on.

Long winded way of saying I'm jealous.  :insane:

Edited by Randall Dowling
Stupid autocorrect

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

You have a crazy capacity and endurance for box diving.  Only @Hamlet comes close to you (of the people I know).  You guys both enter into some sort of zen trance that sustains you not just for hours, but for days, as you meticulously go through every box and examine any possible candidate for your collection or even if it just seems like a good deal.  By contrast, my ADHD kicks in pretty hard and fast.  I'm fast to assume if a store or booth has what I'm looking for or not and if they do, I'll look for specific books that I'm interested in and move on.

Long winded way of saying I'm jealous.  :insane:

I have no interest in box diving either. It’s not even remotely fun...

1 minute ago, piper said:

I have no interest in box diving either. It’s not even remotely fun...

I'm not knocking it.  Those guys routinely come up with deals or unusual finds that I never see.  But yes, I just don't really enjoy it that much.  I think part of it comes from when I was manager at a comic store and had to routinely go through dozens and dozens of long boxes and reprice as appropriate.  :censored:

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

???      

Yes - I was hoping someone could shed some light on it.  I am not a Warren nor much of magazine collector.  There were several in an auction and I won this one.  It isn't taped but sealed like you see DC packs.  I thought it was interesting with the label of adult content of the price.  I assume by the retailer?