• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batmiesta said:

That's the way to do it IMHO  sooner have 3 like those than many that aint.:applause:

Thats just me though, So don't hate.:foryou:

2 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

I decided to turn a whole lot of magazines into a few this week. These were upgrades for me. 

8C8FDFB1-903B-4E91-9159-24DFE4E2D4B2.thumb.jpeg.135003c95e415235b8b7d2b3c31d4ab8.jpeg

F6964283-9345-427A-B602-11B776B51AE8.thumb.jpeg.506a2976d04132b0b03d017b56dd1718.jpeg

263A0916-64D0-42C6-BCF1-527C37B8D1B8.thumb.jpeg.69caf463dcf617e5ffd5af463473fed6.jpeg

I’m at work so can’t look it up but since you two are ultra high grade collectors are there any (many?) 1960s/1970s Warren mags that hit 9.9 or 10.0?

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

I’m at work so can’t look it up but since you two are ultra high grade collectors are there any (many?) 1960s/1970s Warren mags that hit 9.9 or 10.0?

Of the entire Warren catalog, CGC currently shows only 2 10s and 18 9.9s.  Of the 18 9.9s, there are only 2 Vampirellas in 9.9- a 19 and an 85; 4 or 5 of the 9.9/10s are Eeries, 3 or 4 are Creepys and the rest are Famous Monsters and the misc. titles (Rook, Spirit, Warren Presents, etc.)

38 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Of the entire Warren catalog, CGC currently shows only 2 10s and 18 9.9s.  Of the 18 9.9s, there are only 2 Vampirellas in 9.9- a 19 and an 85; 4 or 5 of the 9.9/10s are Eeries, 3 or 4 are Creepys and the rest are Famous Monsters and the misc. titles (Rook, Spirit, Warren Presents, etc.)

Wow. The amount of 10’s isn’t a surprise but that’s more 9.9’s than I would have guessed.

40 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

How did you get that information short of clicking on every issue in the census?

1 minute ago, wombat said:

How did you get that information short of clicking on every issue in the census?

It's my absolutely favorite tool for looking at census data from CGC

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/

Just enter in Warren into publisher and search.  Scroll to the bottom and there's totals by grade (universal, sig, restored, etc.)

The site was put together by a boardie who's a star, IMO, @valiantman.  He's very good at data filtering and graphic analysis.

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

Just enter in Warren into publisher and search.  Scroll to the bottom and there's totals by grade (universal, sig, restored, etc.)

The site was put together by a boardie who's a star, IMO, @valiantman.  He's very good at data filtering and graphic analysis.

That's awesome. Is it updated regularly?

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

koala1.jpg

You're the man, Greg!  I really appreciate what you put together and keep running!!  :headbang:

Also, I highly recommend his blog.  If you're into analysis, it's got a bunch of cool charts looking at trends from different angles.  

http://www.slabdata.com/blog/

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Kudos to you Randall for pointing it out and Valiantman for creating it.

I was going to be blown away at first thinking Randall was a stat master though...:nyah:

6 hours ago, N e r V said:

Sorry! Not being ignorant, saw this just now, plus! I wouldn't have a n clue. O.o So I will leave it for Randall to answer for me. :$

23 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Sienkiewicz cover and interior in his glory years at Marvel. How can you go wrong?

No matter how much I try, I just can't like his work.  It's like I'm looking at one of those magic eye posters from the 90s.  Everyone is like "I can see it" and I'm like "what, what, I can't see it, is it a sailboat?".  

To say nothing of the vast number of ways his name can be pronounced (it's shin-kay-vitch, people!)  :frustrated: