• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, This is Who We Are said:

Hi All,

This isn't a magazine but I figured it might have a place here:  James Warren Empire of Monsters.  I believe this came out in 2018 or 2019 and as quickly as it was released, it seems that it went out of print.  I'm excited to jump in to this one. 

I saw it come up at auction recently and just by chance, saw there was one in stock through an online bookstore.  Anyone who has by chance read this, would love your feedback.  It's about all Things Warren, so hoped I could get a pass in posting this here.

I enjoyed it, but I still think The Warren Companion is the most informative book I've read on this subject...

On 5/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, Marshall Crist said:

Nice one.  I knew it was based on Peter Cushing, but didn't realize it was taken from a specific photo.

I like that Scream issue #6 a whole bunch👍👍😷😷😷😷

54 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

You’ve made some big strides in a short time to be sure, Hamlet. How many Warrens left to finish some runs?

Well, I’ve been focused more on the earlier books and I’ve been focusing my buying on covers I really like. 

I do have the first 26 Vampirellas minus issue three ( although some of them are waiting for lockdown to end so that I can go get them ).

I really need to go through everything and actually put together the list of what I have now.

I know most of you guys are into the horror stuff, but I thought I would share my magazine pick-ups this week. 

As a kid, my first Marvel Super Special was #24 the Dark Crystal. From that point I got them whenever I saw them and had a pretty good run from that point with just a few missing. 

My mom always had to approve my comic choices and there were some of these that were a “no” - Conan the Barbarian and Octopussy. 

This is one of the one’s she rejected, though I can’t remember why.  It’s a pretty nice NM copy with some ink wear on the back cover that keeps it from going higher. 6314B738-0D12-4067-AB86-ADBF6A03DA92.thumb.jpeg.d18e5a63b52205ba61be867c98a49177.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I also got these. I’ve very pleased with the condition, they’re very nice NM copies...but they have just enough and the right kind of defects that I don’t think they would be worth submitting...which is a shame because a couple of them are very close. 

They’re better raw, anyway.  That way you can read them!  :gossip:

Awesome books!  (thumbsu