• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

@chevalmeow That's one of my favorite Frazetta paintings!  So cool!

On a side note, I hope you're staying safe down there in the Lone Star State.  Most of my family is down there and a bunch of friends as well.  The next couple weeks look pretty tough so, stay healthy, compadre.  (thumbsu

On 7/2/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jayman said:

And the book I’ve been looking for in high grade for a while now. I’ve even asked bounty if he has come across one. I was 7 year’s old when I got my original copy (still have it) and the cover blew my mind as a kid. Up until then I only knew the classic “Universal Monsters”. Vampires were always in capes, in the dark and slept in coffins. What the heck was this? A...space vampire??! Being attacked by some multi armed creature? So cool I must have grabbed that off the rack as fast as I could! One of only two issues in the run with the small logo: vol. 3 #5! :cloud9: 

@bounty_coder I finally found one!3F713AD1-A717-4894-AD0B-9705E404D7DE.jpeg

Oh buddy!  How awesome. Just seeing this. congrats Jay it really is a fabulous cover actually. Feels like a scifi movie poster. Stunning condition. :applause:

24 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Oh buddy!  How awesome. Just seeing this. congrats Jay it really is a fabulous cover actually. Feels like a scifi movie poster. Stunning condition. :applause:

Thank you! There are few books that warrant my avatar change, this was one of them! lol Being one of the SciFi covers, it’s not your typical bloody Eerie Pub cover. As you said, it has that movie poster feel. I just love the expression on the vampires face. Kinda like; “Wait! I’m the predator here, what’s going on?” And that orangey red just sets it off! 

16 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

@chevalmeow That's one of my favorite Frazetta paintings!  So cool!

On a side note, I hope you're staying safe down there in the Lone Star State.  Most of my family is down there and a bunch of friends as well.  The next couple weeks look pretty tough so, stay healthy, compadre.  (thumbsu

Thank you for your kind words.  Our family's are both safe.  She is retired and I work via phone, so we have very little unnecesary contact with others.  Times are tough but it gives me more time to reorganize my collections in the house.

3 hours ago, icefires said:

It is totally ridiculous that underground comics does not have their own thread. Who in the hell decided it has be listed under "magazines?"

CGC sucks sometimes. This is one of those times.

I agree.  I don't want that smut in this forum either.  :insane:

On 7/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, icefires said:

It is totally ridiculous that underground comics does not have their own thread. Who in the hell decided it has be listed under "magazines?"

There wasn’t a magazine thread at first either, all these mags were lumped in Bronze Age! Boardies kept asking and the Mods acquiesced...

On 7/11/2020 at 10:42 AM, icefires said:

On 7/14/2020 at 5:48 AM, Jayman said:

There wasn’t a magazine thread at first either, all these mags were lumped in Bronze Age! Boardies kept asking and the Mods acquiesced...

Pulps just recently received their own section. There seems to be enough traffic for pulps too but Is there enough interest for underground’s here? That’s a question on my part because I’m not sure how many underground collectors we have on the boards...

If I was of the conspiracy minded type I’d almost suggest we have a pulp section now to gauge how much interest there is in them for creating a possible future CGC slab for them. Thankfully I know better and that would be utter nonsense....:insane: