• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, piper said:

I would love some leads on a VF or better Eerie 23.

I was looking at the SDCC prior but got sidetracked with other books and finally settled on a CGC copy from Heritage which I got pretty cheaply. I’ve seen a fair amount of nice raw copies there in the past. Also my LCS have had nice raws filter in the past. I don’t really see much of them these days on eBay but I did get copies a couple years ago in the VF range. The Warren collectors I know own mostly raw books and there are a few including some boardies here that own some pretty high grade raws. If you’re looking for a raw I’d first recommend shows (whenever they start again) and do regular rounds at dealers who carry them. I’ve found with patience and persistence you can get most things.

Eerie #23 though is becoming one of those mags like Vampi #1 where more people might consider slabbing before selling these days due to their recent rapid climb in demand.

Move quickly if you want a copy...

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

This book by the way was one of the purchases that sidetracked me from getting a Eerie #23  at SDCC one year. Got stuck buying it at Bedrocks booth and by the time I went back to get the Eerie #23 raw someone had bought it. It was easily a 9.0/9.2 and was around a $100.00.

Still, no regrets hanging out at Richards booth for this...

D6C97CA5-358E-4F50-9B85-63F040315C81.thumb.jpeg.9311b279bc8eb8757328af3412432712.jpeg

WoW Lovely copy :applause:.  Worth the sacrifice I think.  I'm just glad that you did not show us a New Mutants #98 :insane:

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

There’s still an awful lot of Eerie #23’s raw out there I’ve seen that would fill in some numbers at or above the 9.0 number. Before I settled on my copy I considered going with a couple of higher raws that were available. I still believe mags lag badly behind comics for being slabbed/pressed in general. I think we are seeing more interest in doing this but until then I take the number of slabbed copies on mags with a grain of salt.

Whats your take on the mags to comics ratios at CGC?

To be honest, the number of Hulk 181's submitted every week may outnumber the amount of magazines submitted in that same time period...  O.o

2 hours ago, N e r V said:

Still, no regrets hanging out at Richards booth for this...

Mr. Evans is a strong conversationalist.  I agree with your choice.  Eerie 23 in high grade is tough but that Haunted Thrills is one of those books you may not see again for a long time.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, piper said:

Someone help me find a nice looking Eerie 23.... as mentioned by the previous post, these never come up on eBay.

Keep watching Heritage and Comic link. Both have had high grade copies come up somewhat regularly the last couple years. Just remember prices keep moving up on this issue.

27 minutes ago, piper said:

Above my pay grade?

A 9.0 went for $625.00 a year ago. Above your pay grade? Depends on where that is. If you’re accustomed to PCH prices for high grade books probably not...

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

To be honest, the number of Hulk 181's submitted every week may outnumber the amount of magazines submitted in that same time period...  O.o

I own a few of those myself in HG. Keep saying I should press/grade those to sell for other stuff but the prices kept moving up and I didn’t want any more regrets in my life...

53 minutes ago, N e r V said:

A 9.0 went for $625.00 a year ago. Above your pay grade? Depends on where that is. If you’re accustomed to PCH prices for high grade books probably not...

That’s fair. One of the reasons that I’ve liked this foray into magazines so much is that I can scratch that comic itch more frequently. Gold and Silver (and Bronze to some extent) for the books I want, in the grade I want are getting prohibitively expensive.  I find that I either need to sell stuff or go on the time payment plan.

Have PCH prices stabilised yet? When the market was hot, I started moving towards other areas. 

3 hours ago, piper said:

That’s fair. One of the reasons that I’ve liked this foray into magazines so much is that I can scratch that comic itch more frequently. Gold and Silver (and Bronze to some extent) for the books I want, in the grade I want are getting prohibitively expensive.  I find that I either need to sell stuff or go on the time payment plan.

Have PCH prices stabilised yet? When the market was hot, I started moving towards other areas. 

On some stuff, kinda, on others, not so much....:nyah:

An Eerie #23 CGC 9.6 was a $700./800.00 book maybe 2 years ago. This one has OW/W pages so I’m going to guess $1500.-2000.00 in today’s market? The White Mountain Vampi #1 was a $2500.00 book and I don’t see this book that close to it IMO. The White Mountain copy would be far, far up the ladder for me rather than this book. It’ll be fun to see what someone’s willing to pay out this time for sure...

On 8/18/2020 at 12:22 AM, N e r V said:

On some stuff, kinda, on others, not so much....:nyah:

An Eerie #23 CGC 9.6 was a $700./800.00 book maybe 2 years ago. This one has OW/W pages so I’m going to guess $1500.-2000.00 in today’s market? The White Mountain Vampi #1 was a $2500.00 book and I don’t see this book that close to it IMO. The White Mountain copy would be far, far up the ladder for me rather than this book. It’ll be fun to see what someone’s willing to pay out this time for sure...

I got smoked on a 9.6 Eerie #23 a couple of years ago...   :tonofbricks: