• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

My preference is raw copies. Personally, I get more satisfaction from that. I would only potentially slab high value magazines that I would want to sell, but have had success selling what I choose to in raw form. 

I buy a fair amount of graded copies, as in many cases, that’s the only real option for nosebleed grade mags. 

Edited by Stevemmg

Came out right about the time of the two issues of Photo News Features, but apparently the subject matter didn’t make it appropriate for the series. Not nearly as rare as the  Gothic Tales of Love series, but seemingly tougher to find with a nice white cover. 

I am curious how less (or maybe more) comic related magazines were printed in comparison to comics. Say for example, issues of Eerie or Creepy from the 70's compared to a solid mid tier comic characters title. Would a comic be printed 10 times as much or 10 times fewer than a magazine from that time period? 

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I am curious how less (or maybe more) comic related magazines were printed in comparison to comics. Say for example, issues of Eerie or Creepy from the 70's compared to a solid mid tier comic characters title. Would a comic be printed 10 times as much or 10 times fewer than a magazine from that time period? 

I'd love some insight on this as well.  I'm also curious how various magazines' print runs compare to eachother.  Warren vs Curtis for example.  Did Marvel jumping on the mag bandwagon mean an increase in printing or were they still not as big as some of the originators.

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

Three new black cover Skywalds, at $90 I think I did ok not amazing.  The more popular covers were getting $60-100 a piece and it just didn't feel like great value to spend that. 
Also added two vf/nm vampire tales, I have more than half of them now in 9.0 so I guess this means I'm required to finish the set.  

S6qvqnH.jpg

KX5V9C0.jpg

Great books!  And, yes, you are now required to collect them all and show them to us for our viewing pleasure.

7 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Great books!  And, yes, you are now required to collect them all and show them to us for our viewing pleasure.

I need to finish up my run on Vampire Tales as well; only 3 to go.  But my collection is NOT in 9.0...

4 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Three new black cover Skywalds, at $90 I think I did ok not amazing.  The more popular covers were getting $60-100 a piece and it just didn't feel like great value to spend that. 
Also added two vf/nm vampire tales, I have more than half of them now in 9.0 so I guess this means I'm required to finish the set.  

S6qvqnH.jpg

KX5V9C0.jpg

You did very good! :golfclap: