• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Jayman said:

Possibly my favorite cover of the run. No cartoony over the top gore on this one, but a nice atmospheric creepy cover! :headbang:

Yeah it definitely has a more gothic horror feel vs the campy covers of most of the rest of these. I love those, too but this one stands apart I agree.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:26 PM, N e r V said:

I can’t remember off hand but does anyone know if the cover to the unpublished Haunt of Horror digest #3 by Marvel ever got published somewhere? A No Prize to anyone with an answer...:foryou:

6117FFCF-2A07-4B7F-9A65-DAE6E3C9EE78.thumb.jpeg.8e76689851e41cf91fffff80ec23addd.jpeg

I'm saying no, I don't think it did.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Jayman said:

I’ve never seen it but that doesn’t mean much. Reminds me of the pulp cover though...

17 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I've never seen it anywhere else either. Given what I know about you fellas I think it's a good bet it's a no. 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Jayman said:

I’ve never seen it but that doesn’t mean much. Reminds me of the pulp cover though...

A108BAE8-2D17-4B43-9FB6-03001000C94A.jpeg

2 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

I've never seen it anywhere else either. Given what I know about you fellas I think it's a good bet it's a no. 

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Thanks guys. It’s a sweet cover and I was hoping they might have used it on a non US edition at some point. Would like to have owed a color version of it.

Jayman, I own a few of those Fantastic Adventures pulps myself. It’s a great dog  cover for sure and the girl is drawn nicely too...(thumbsu

42 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Jayman, I own a few of those Fantastic Adventures pulps myself. It’s a great dog  cover for sure and the girl is drawn nicely too...(thumbsu

I wish I owned one! Not my copy but remember it being posted on the boards here at various times and is on my want list. That Haunt of Horror just reminded me of it. Btw, I tried zooming in on that digest cover to see any sign of an artist sig but didn’t see any. Wondering if it was done by Gray Morrow or Kelly Freas since they did the first and second issue covers.

Anybody on here win this?  I always wanted a 9.0-9.4ish copy, but wasn't willing to get too crazy about it.  9.8 brings a bit too much for me.  One of the reasons I've enjoyed buying magazines so much lately is the absence of movie/show price driven speculating but it is hard to escape with all these sideshows.  I guess Gabriel has been cast into that new Hulu show as "Gabriela" and will probably end up with 5 minutes of screen time per episode.  Just guessing but sounds unfortunate!  Would have loved to see a modern take on a demon hunter / exorcist and have a self-titled show.  They could have used that to introduce more of the dark marvel stuff but they are skipping right into it with the Helstrom show.

Only 4 census copies so I'm sure someone's happy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Haunt-Of-Horror-2-CGC-9-8-NM-Mint-Marvel-First-Appearance-Gabriel-Helstrom-Satan-/124363035179

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by 90sChild

14 hours ago, Jayman said:

I wish I owned one! Not my copy but remember it being posted on the boards here at various times and is on my want list. That Haunt of Horror just reminded me of it. Btw, I tried zooming in on that digest cover to see any sign of an artist sig but didn’t see any. Wondering if it was done by Gray Morrow or Kelly Freas since they did the first and second issue covers.

Looks like Robert Gibson Jones.

3 hours ago, 90sChild said:

My $333 bid didn't even qualify in time haha just wanted to discuss the book.  Wish I won it!

When you think of what some 9.8's are going for it didn't go for a extortionate price, I would sooner pay $370 -$400 for this than $800-$1000 for a What if 10 in 9.8, just an example. 

38 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

When you think of what some 9.8's are going for it didn't go for a extortionate price, I would sooner pay $370 -$400 for this than $800-$1000 for a What if 10 in 9.8, just an example. 

Agreed, the rampant speculation in regular comics because of 'MCU keys' is significantly worse than anything I've seen in magazines so far by comparison.  It wasn't a bad buy at all I'd rather just have a raw 9.2 for $50 without tying up that much into one magazine that is not likely to appreciate in value the same way standard/regular comics do (due to the obvious speculation of course).

On 10/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, Jayman said:

I think I posted one of mine back in 2018 here.

24D5D92A-1BD1-49C4-B78A-F7011BE9D543.jpeg.b8973a2b80438b199a562e98bf73a297.jpeg

Also after a little research I did find out that it (Haunt of Horror digest #3) is by Kelly Freas and it and most of the intended stories never saw print. So my best shot at seeing it in colour would be it showing up on a Kelly Freas art site.