• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:
8 hours ago, oakman29 said:

There's only a couple covers I dislike from the Creepy run.🤔

I'm surprised it's only a couple.  I love the run as much as the next guy but there are some real clunkers for covers in the run.  As there are bound to be out of 145 issues.  For me, it's a steep drop in quality after issue 100 (with certain notable exceptions).  But that's just me.

I know you guys were talking about Creepy, but I have to throw this one out there. This is just embarrassing. 

Eerie 75 - Cringe In Fear - Scream In Trror - Flee The Deadly - Warren Magazine - Invasion Of The

55 minutes ago, wombat said:

I know you guys were talking about Creepy, but I have to throw this one out there. This is just embarrassing. 

Eerie 75 - Cringe In Fear - Scream In Trror - Flee The Deadly - Warren Magazine - Invasion Of The

Given that seems to be an interior panel from an interior story that's a reprint...

I would just about believe it if they told me that something fell through and they had 15 minutes to create a cover from scratch.  Which, if true, means this gets at least a slight point for TRYING to do something odd and eye-catching.  It's still a complete flop, obviously, but it would get a point for trying to do something different in a hurry... that hot pink is a bold choice.  Not a good one, mind you, but at least they were trying something unusual.

That's as kind as I can be, that's a horrible cover.

6 hours ago, wombat said:

Agree on all points. However this cover decision was made, I can tell you from first hand experience that when I walked into my local mom & pop variety store this issue hit me like a lighthouse beacon! You didn’t notice anything next to it on the rack. The cover story is actually pretty good and that solid color makes this one a toughy to find in high grade.

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Agree on all points. However this cover decision was made, I can tell you from first hand experience that when I walked into my local mom & pop variety store this issue hit me like a lighthouse beacon! You didn’t notice anything next to it on the rack. The cover story is actually pretty good and that solid color makes this one a toughy to find in high gra

Yep, nearly impossible. 

13 hours ago, Jayman said:

Whoo-hoo! I got off my lazy butt and finally hooked up my legal sized scanner! Been tired of not being able to scan slabs in one pass. Previously I had to take two scans and stitch them together. While I was as accurate as I could be, it took time and was not the best representation of the book IMO. So without further ado, here are some mag slabs that I never posted before...

Savage Sword Of Conan #1 CGC 9.4.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to scan these.  They look amazing.  Did you just get the scanner?  Is it possible to buy a new scanner these days that can handle graded magazine size?

13 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Thanks for taking the time to scan these.  They look amazing.  Did you just get the scanner?  Is it possible to buy a new scanner these days that can handle graded magazine size?

The scanner is an Epson GT-15000 that is about 7-10 years old. It was at my job just sitting in the corner not being used. I think it was an old recommended purchase from our IT Dept. that didn’t work out for whatever reason. I inquired about it and my boss said just take it! :banana:

I just had to go to the Epson site and download Windows 10 drivers and viola!

35 minutes ago, Jayman said:

The scanner is an Epson GT-15000 that is about 7-10 years old. It was at my job just sitting in the corner not being used. I think it was an old recommended purchase from our IT Dept. that didn’t work out for whatever reason. I inquired about it and my boss said just take it! :banana:

I just had to go to the Epson site and download Windows 10 drivers and viola!

Great deal!  This is the scanner that i use and I love it.  It is a beast to move around though.  Weighs a ton.

6 minutes ago, fett said:

thumbing through some boxes at a local comic shop and noticed this, I've had the Corben poster on one of my walls for over 20 years. Never heard of the company before, JC Comics from 1982.

BasicallyStrange001.jpg

They used that for the cover of Corben’s Neverwhere TPB. I just read it again Saturday night! (thumbsu

14 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Great deal!  This is the scanner that i use and I love it.  It is a beast to move around though.  Weighs a ton.

Hence why I dragged my feet setting it up. I had to clear a spot for it! It’s great though, the glass area is 12x17! :headbang:

Slightly OT, watched a random movie last night and a character had a country variety store that sold old comics along with toys. There was even a Cousin Eerie mask in one scene. I took these 2 pics. Any guess as to the movie? 

639E4E3A-66B2-41D3-BCB2-48EF376D474A.jpeg

748E6D07-2D53-4B7F-A5DA-DFEBDA8A44A9.jpeg

Edited by Jayman
It was a horror movie of course!

2 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I've never seen this film.  It's a tough one.

Never heard of it myself. Was bored and just randomly scrolled through some free movies to watch. It’s from 2019 if that narrows it down and has a bunch of famous people/actors in it.hm

10 hours ago, fett said:

thumbing through some boxes at a local comic shop and noticed this, I've had the Corben poster on one of my walls for over 20 years. Never heard of the company before, JC Comics from 1982.

BasicallyStrange001.jpg

JC only ever did 7 books, the rest of them were all THUNDER Agents.  I believe the books were actually printed/ distributed in association with Archie.

2 hours ago, Jayman said:
3 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I've never seen this film.  It's a tough one.

Never heard of it myself. Was bored and just randomly scrolled through some free movies to watch. It’s from 2019 if that narrows it down and has a bunch of famous people/actors in it.hm

I got nothing.