• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

So you have #7, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band?!  Congrats!!

I do not, and am not counting it since it was not released in the US.  Wouldn't mind getting a copy, but not looking too hard.

To keep the count straight, I consider the Treasury version of Battlestar Galactica to be the real #7, misnumbered, and the magazine version is the correct #8.

14 hours ago, Number 6 said:

These aren't really "new" to my collection but I just received them back from my October submission to CGC.  I already posted them in the This Week thread in CG but thought I'd post them here as these two complete my graded Space: 1999 magazine set.  Sorry about the picture quality, I'm going to take some new pictures when I have better light tomorrow.

413607946_Space1999mag2a.thumb.jpg.208729e9441d0f524d063d585891afcf.jpg

1681965426_Space1999mag4a.thumb.jpg.e47c223c879f01da7dbab1423380d112.jpg

Gorgeous books #6, how long was the whole CGC process ? I was contemplating sending 10 mags in until I saw the CT for magazines is nearly 100 days so I sacked that off, I have 15 books there now that have been shown received 11/18, surprised anyone is sending book in at the moment because the wait is so long.

31 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Gorgeous books #6, how long was the whole CGC process ? I was contemplating sending 10 mags in until I saw the CT for magazines is nearly 100 days so I sacked that off, I have 15 books there now that have been shown received 11/18, surprised anyone is sending book in at the moment because the wait is so long.

I sent them to RMA for pressing first (I don’t use CCS). The packing slip shows 10/20/20, that’s when CGC received them.  RMA notified me on 1/8/21 that the grades were in.  I just received them this Friday, though they were stuck in USPS limbo all week so if they mail had been running normal I could have had them last Friday. 

3 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Yup.  Alex Toth does the Question story on the inside too.  It's great.  Here's my copy.

Charlton Bullseye #5.jpg

Thanks! I’ve seen them posted many times over the years but not specifically in a mag thread. It’s hard to tell the scale from a pic or a scan.

Nice copy!

Edited by Jayman

3 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Not to be snarky but I wouldn't have posted it in this thread if it wasn't magazine sized :baiting:

I figured it was but as mentioned it is confusing since there are comic sized Bullseyes too. Until now I was unfamiliar with the mag size edition. :foryou: