• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Of course!  This forum is for magazine titles, like the Marvel Super Specials I’ve been showing recently:

image.jpg

Love the Rock & Rule issue! Now I need a copy. (thumbsu

16 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Love the Rock & Rule issue! Now I need a copy. (thumbsu

It's an interesting one, the art is actually all animation cels from the movie.  And, of course, it's one of the two issues of Marvel Super Special that was comic-sized, not magazine.  MCS has a few copies.

Just now, OtherEric said:

It's an interesting one, the art is actually all animation cels from the movie.  And, of course, it's one of the two issues of Marvel Super Special that was comic-sized, not magazine.  MCS has a few copies.

Just snagged one off eBay(thumbsu

Thanks!

On 1/25/2021 at 1:28 PM, DINGER033 said:

IMG_1298.thumb.jpg.993b64a7757134c5d0ceb3642f248de8.jpg

Finally got this one back on Sunday, pretty happy with the grade going up from 8.5 to 9.0 and Neal Adams sig looks good nice placement.

Wow. When was the signing and did you have the book pressed?

Just now, bounty_coder said:

@Jayman most copies of TFTT V1 #6 that I’ve seen look this way. I believe my CGC copy does as well. Not sure what it’s about but very common on some of the earlier Eerie Pubs especially this issue. 

Thanks Bounty! My first hopeful though was that “possibly” the cover shrank? But thought trim was more realistic. That’s why I appreciate feedback on this, as I’d like to hear any other reasonings from the experts! :foryou:

7 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Thanks Bounty! My first hopeful though was that “possibly” the cover shrank? But thought trim was more realistic. That’s why I appreciate feedback on this, as I’d like to hear any other reasonings from the experts! :foryou:

@Jayman take a look at these two. The raw I sold many years ago. 

Both exhibit the same characteristic. (thumbsu

image.jpeg.ed8e22de77eb8801ff6d94e28d1dca80.jpeg

image.jpeg.c61429c7a160bcac6268da87a2391b04.jpeg