• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

The dog cover is by far the most valuable of all of those books, FYI.

Ya I'm noticing, they're hard for me to look up, as I'm not too familiar and just seen the covers before. I flipped through and the frazetta seems the worst off as far as condition, and it's the one I really wanted to keep. The others are still :x

Just probably better left raw but I may do a massive mag sub someday, although I only have about 5 raws of other mags besides these and mostly go for graded mags. Still 10 mags is a lot of coin for me to send in

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I'm noticing, they're hard for me to look up, as I'm not too familiar and just seen the covers before. I flipped through and the frazetta seems the worst off as far as condition, and it's the one I really wanted to keep. The others are still :x

Just probably better left raw but I may do a massive mag sub someday, although I only have about 5 raws of other mags besides these and mostly go for graded mags. Still 10 mags is a lot of coin for me to send in

The Jan 1973 is far and away the most in demand issue.  But the Feb 1973 had distribution problems when some dealers refused to display it.  They offered it at cover price through their back issue ads for a month or two because of that, and if I recall correctly it disappeared from their back issue ads pretty quickly.  So it definitely commands a premium as well.

57 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's interesting, I grew up occasionally looking at National Lampoon but I was a kid at the time and a lot of the jokes were over my head.  About 15 years ago, what got me looking at them again was my interest in Frazetta covers.  I wasn't even aware that he had done 3 covers for National Lampoon and immediately set about finding them.  As I searched for those, of course, I found the dog cover, the suntan cover, the spanking cover (which is my personal favorite and very tough in higher grades) and more and really enjoy those books immensely.  Many of the earlier ones have Frazetta interiors, Adams interiors, and other great comic artists.

Great pickups, all around!  (thumbsu

8 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Night Gallery really was the scariest thing on tv at the time, and the paintings were genuinely disturbing, but somehow oddly alluring. I didn’t realize that these prints existed. Thanks for sharing. 

You’re welcome! As evidence in the ad, these were offered for a measly $2.50 back in the day. I had no money for stuff like that as a kid but someone had to have bought some! They are fairly hard to find as these are the first I’ve ever come across. Even a web search turns up very limited info on these.