• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,204 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Also got Vampirella #1 UK edition in real nice shape from fellow boardie, Batmiesta.  A great addition for me, thank you!

2128455808_Vampirella(UK)1.thumb.jpg.06fdf53490c316d25aaeb285b58e2b06.jpg

What makes this mag even cooler (if that’s possible) is that image works really well as a first issue cover! (thumbsu

On 2/7/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jayman said:

So I finally got to the end of my FM’s and updated my spreadsheet. While the later issues are still great, photo covers become more popular and cover movies such as Star Wars, Alien, Dragonslayer and Friday the 13th. At the end of the last box I had some random Warren mags, one I had forgotten about and used to be one of my favorites!  I actually wanted to be a special effects makeup artist and tried to apprentice with one as a teen but it didn’t pan out.
This book, D ick Smith’s Monster Make-Up Hand Book was my bible for a short time in my life! :cloud9:

Monster Make-Up Book # 1.JPG

Monster Make-Up Book # 1 Back.JPG

Did you work in special effects?

8 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Did you work in special effects?

Sadly no. As you can imagine, I love all things monster and horror related. Halloween makeup, reading FM and Cinemagic magazines just fueled my desire to attempt it. After noting most work in the field was freelance, I realized I needed steady full time work instead.

On 2/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, chevalmeow said:

Also got Vampirella #1 UK edition in real nice shape from fellow boardie, Batmiesta.  A great addition for me, thank you!

2128455808_Vampirella(UK)1.thumb.jpg.06fdf53490c316d25aaeb285b58e2b06.jpg

It's like finding hens teeth to find a high grade copy of this book.😮

37 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

They are beauty's, where did you find them? 

I actually got them from a secret Santa gift a couple of years ago on the boards, from Wolverine 180. I was floored what a great gift it was. They will never leave my collection. 😊

On 1/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jayman said:

Going through some more mags tonight and came across this Tales From The Tomb Vol. 1 #6. I can’t even remember where I got this but I’m thinking it’s trimmed. I just wondered if you fine folks felt the same, opinions appreciated! 

46D20D37-D5FE-40D7-BDB4-FBDF33CCFDFE.jpeg

E7B467AE-9D58-4EFC-973E-B67BBC447348.jpeg

8B7ACF2C-8E5C-4058-948A-60CE830454C8.jpeg

17FC767A-4883-4185-A50A-D8F923B8EBC8.jpeg

I don't know why, but I love those covers so much. I realize they are crudely drawn, with some effort I could probably do about as good a job, but they are still awesome.

What I love is that half the time it is some monster eating another monster. This beastie is eating a bunch of vampires or ghouls or something. Makes it look less like a serial killer type scene. I showed this cover to my 9 year old and he could not believe what he was looking at.

Edited by the blob