• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,218 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Just received this today from an excellent board member on the other side of the ocean.  Just need the last 3 and my set is complete.  So tough to find in nice shape with the poster.  Thanks, @batmiesta!

(Forgive the reflection of my very large hands, it's a curse more than a blessing)

IMG_5976.thumb.JPG.014c10ddcc0bd6d1f47e4ebb8c86e607.JPG

Nice! I have half the run and need this one too. Congrats! :applause:

6 hours ago, Jayman said:

Lucky I have this. But now I want the single issues also! 

Warren Dracula Book 1.JPG

Yeah, I have one too. It's so damn hard to find one of these with the glue binding breaking loose, and pages falling out.

24 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah, I have one too. It's so damn hard to find one of these with the glue binding breaking loose, and pages falling out.

Yeah, mines in good shape but I don’t open it up any wider than 3” when looking through it now. When I first got it years ago I opened it normally and heard a slight “crack”! 

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Yeah, mines in good shape but I don’t open it up any wider than 3” when looking through it now. When I first got it years ago I opened it normally and heard a slight “crack”! 

Funny that's exactly what happened with mine. My binding is good, but I just cant open it for fear of something happening 

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Funny that's exactly what happened with mine. My binding is good, but I just cant open it for fear of something happening 

Which freaks me out if I ever decide to get it graded. Would the CGC graders throw caution to the wind and open the book fully and risk loosening pages? Or would they be more careful, not a risk I’d take currently...

4 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Which freaks me out if I ever decide to get it graded. Would the CGC graders throw caution to the wind and open the book fully and risk loosening pages? Or would they be more careful, not a risk I’d take currently...

Wouldn't it be too thick of a book to slab?

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Wouldn't it be too thick of a book to slab?

(shrug) Not sure of the mag holder specs. Some of my older mag cases seem pretty thick but maybe this book is past their limit.