• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
26 26

8,214 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batmiesta said:

Very nice Ed, those 4 UK Vampi's are crazy tough to find in nice shape especially that one. I had a gorgeous copy of #2 a few years back and sold it for peanuts on ebay because I didn't really know what I had back then . :cry: 

001_zpshmhgr0ug.jpg

Yeah crazy tough, if you mean non existent.  Then yes crazy tough.

(Please see oaks Vampirella journal for complete high grade set)

15 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah crazy tough, if you mean non existent.  Then yes crazy tough.

(Please see oaks Vampirella journal for complete high grade set)

Yeah! I have seen yours (ooh er Mrs!) You lucked out there, they were a gift weren't they? 

After looking at the Biker's face on Nightmare 1, I can't help but wonder if this may, perhaps, be the sequel to "McHale's Navy" ?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

11 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Just landed this on eBay for a great price... seller called it a VF/NM, and it seems about right... a very nice example. Sometimes an auction works out... but usually for me, it means overpaying :bigsmile: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

EtMqKRO.jpg

That looks really nice! A bit harder to find now in HG than Psycho 1 IMHO.

52 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Two books today.  I think the Creepy is the first Frazetta cover for Warren, unless he did something for Famous Monsters I’m unaware of.  The Space:1999 completes my run, I’ll post a group shot sometime this week if I remember:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quite nice. Creepy 2 has always been a tough book to find in high grade. 

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

It's super frustrating with that black cover and how it was printed.  Trying to get anything over a 9.0 feels like bashing your head against the wall.  I think @Makmorn once described it as "if you even look at that book wrong it loses half a grade".  He was right.

It's so much tougher than Creepy 1 in high grade.

Yep. Probably toughest book in the entire run.

4 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

It's super frustrating with that black cover and how it was printed.  Trying to get anything over a 9.0 feels like bashing your head against the wall.  I think @Makmorn once described it as "if you even look at that book wrong it loses half a grade".  He was right.

It's so much tougher than Creepy 1 in high grade.

I have a nice place holder, but still on the lookout after a higher grade example.